Play Now bug in new iTunes

Mark Spano

Dec 8, 2012, 3:42:00 PM12/8/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
Recently got iTunes 11 (on 10.8.2) and now I'm running into a little annoying bug. Usually when I want to queue items to play with Signal, I start with Artist, then find my artist, then press the blue (+) and choose Play Now. This adds the album to the Signal Queue playlist in iTunes and starts playing. What happens now is when I hit Play Now, it adds the album, starts playing, but once it finishes the first song, it either stops, or starts playing somewhat randomly from my main Music library.

In order for Signal to do what I want, I have to choose Play Now, then go and stop iTunes from playing, choose the Signal Queue playlist and start it again. I've tried deleting the Signal Queue playlist and letting Signal recreate it, but this still happens. It's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance.

Matt Stevens

Dec 8, 2012, 8:51:17 PM12/8/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
I've run into this too and am working on a fix. Another thing I've noticed is that iTunes 11 skips all unchecked tracks in a playlist or group and the only way to play them is individually or by explicitly adding them to Up Next. I could hack around this but I'm inclined to mirror the iTunes behavior in Signal.

--
Matt Stevens
www.alloysoft.com