Control WMP PlayTo?

Geoff Quisenberry

Jul 26, 2012, 2:47:56 PM7/26/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am using Windows MediaPlayer with my setup and I can playto my Denon 4308 receiver but when I do i loose control of what I am hearing.  It seems that WMP opens a second instance of the music playing and signal is only controlling the local music not the network stream?  Did that make sense?  Is there a way to control what is being sent to my Denon?
Thanks,
Geoff

Matt Stevens

Jul 26, 2012, 2:50:42 PM7/26/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff,

I haven't seen this happen but I'll do some testing over the next few days and see what I can find out.

--
Matt Stevens
www.alloysoft.com

Geoff Quisenberry

Jul 26, 2012, 3:14:27 PM7/26/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,
Just to be clear I am using the RTI driver and after running the macro I then go to WMP and playto my Denon.  I am not aware of a way to do it with the RTI driver.  Not sure if it is possible to do what I want with WMP.
Thanks,
Geoff

Matt Stevens

Aug 2, 2012, 10:46:53 AM8/2/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking into this and from what I can tell the Windows Media Player interface doesn't expose a way to control Play To playback. It looks like I would have to add it as a separate player or do the DLNA directly. That's not something I can support easily but I'll keep it in mind for the future.

--
Matt Stevens
www.alloysoft.com