'Multiple Speakers' Toggles Still Not Displayed Properly

sivadselim

Feb 28, 2012, 2:48:58 PM2/28/12
to Alloysoft
Sorry, I couldn't post in that other thread.

The "toggles" work when you click on them but there is nothing
displayed there to indicate which ones have been clicked "on" or
"off".

Thanks.

Matt Stevens

Feb 28, 2012, 2:57:48 PM2/28/12
to allo...@googlegroups.com
This is expected, unfortunately iTunes provides no public interface
for Signal to read what speakers are active. I talked about it a bit
here a while back:

http://www.alloysoft.com/blog/adventures-with-airtunes

I'm considering adopting the DMCP protocol used by Apple's Remote app
for speaker control as that would allow me to provide this
information. I am hesitant to do it because this interface is totally
unsupported and Apple could lock it out at any time. They have already
done so on the Apple TV - it used to support the same interface but
Apple later restricted it to Home Sharing.

--
Matt Stevens
www.alloysoft.com