Possible to install on MS SQL / Windows instead of MySQL

Vincent Huckle

Jul 29, 2013, 4:29:06 PM7/29/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering if there is an install package or configuration document that would explain how to install and configure this on MS SQL and Windows server to allow for easy database backups.

Vincent Huckle

Jul 30, 2013, 8:49:59 AM7/30/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
As a follow up and clarifying information to my question, we found ourselves in a situation with a corrupt index that has taken the database completely offline.  The only way we can bring the database online is to use the innodb_forced_recovery function, which gives us an empty database because the indices are bypassed.

Any help in rebuilding an index while the database is in an offline / stopped state would be MOST appreciated, in addition to the original question of the possibility of loading this on Windows / MS SQL for database backup purposes.  If Windows is not an option, is there a reliable AUTOMATED backup process for the MySQL database?  I have been unable to find anything with a good rating on the internet.

PS - we are NOT a Linux shop.  This is the only operational Linux box in our environment, and we are struggling to manage it properly.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice!
Vincent Huckle
Director of IT

Luke Baker

Jul 30, 2013, 9:10:27 AM7/30/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Vincent,

The All Our Ideas software does not support MS SQL or Windows server.

I think the details of recovering from whatever corruption that you
experienced may be dependent on what was corrupted and how it was
corrupted. I'm not very familiar with rebuilding an index.

This is a solid backup tool for MySQL databases:
http://www.percona.com/software/percona-xtrabackup

Luke

Vincent Huckle

Jul 30, 2013, 10:29:27 AM7/30/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the lead on the backup solution!!  That is good for future use.  Now if I can just get the database back online with all the data!

Vincent Huckle

Jul 31, 2013, 7:17:50 AM7/31/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Just to close the loop on this topic, we managed to get the index rebuilt and the database back online with no loss of data.