Mic Check... Is this thing on???

David C

Oct 22, 2022, 8:01:16 PM10/22/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
Just checking to see if the Group survives as well as any good ole Allmands.  I am working on a couple projects and still appreciate the old tips and experience listed in the Google Group.

David C
1982 Allmand Sail 31"
Long Beach, CA

Skip Hansen

Oct 22, 2022, 8:46:12 PM10/22/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
That’s a great question. I sold my all and years ago . What I learned from
Her will remain with me . If you have a question ask and I’ll see if I can help

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2022, at 7:01 PM, David C <fan...@hotmail.com> wrote:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Allmand" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/allmand/DM5PR0601MB3687B178A82F33C869C5C5B3B82C9%40DM5PR0601MB3687.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

James Goepel - Consulting

Oct 22, 2022, 9:02:55 PM10/22/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
Same here.  Happy to try to answer any question I can!

On Oct 22, 2022, at 8:46 PM, Skip Hansen <cts...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 That’s a great question. I sold my all and years ago . What I learned from

RICHARD LIPHAM

Oct 22, 2022, 9:27:42 PM10/22/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
Still sailing my 31’ ask away…

Richard

Sent from my iPad

KEITH REYNOLDS

Oct 23, 2022, 1:23:52 AM10/23/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
For no sane reason am up to 3 Allmands, one of each. Planning to sell my Saga 43, still have my original 31, turned into a 34 plus a aft head 35 cutter rigged boat and a pilothouse 35 which the wife loves.

Keith Reynolds

Mary Connaughton

Oct 23, 2022, 9:58:57 AM10/23/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
I still have my Allmand. Currently finishing up a refit in Panama before heading across the Pacific.  Love, love my Allmand. Been cruising on her for 14 years.

Skip Hansen

Oct 23, 2022, 11:22:54 AM10/23/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know if there’s a “weak link” or “Achilles heal” in any of the Allmands?  I do know on mine 1983 32’ #301 , it was the upper rudder post shelf and  bearing. I discovered it when the steering cable came off the pullies and I lost steering. Easy quick fix to get ashore. At least it was for me. Once ashore I carefully inspected and found the rudder post bearing and its shelf had deteriorated over time from a leaky round emergency cover in the cockpit floor where the emergency tiller goes directly into the rudder post. Never saw any signs of a leak as the bilge is always wet from the refrigerator. I ended up replacing the rudder post shelf with 3/4 marine ply, three layers of fiberglass and for my satisfaction I added a 1/4 inch aluminum across the stern from one side to the other. That’s a story in itself. Aside from that,  I never had a problem with Mistico. Questions? Ask away. Great boat,  built like a tank  and worth every penny. I’m surprised the Allmand site isn’t up and running.

Sent from my iPhone

RICHARD LIPHAM

Oct 23, 2022, 11:31:07 AM10/23/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
I too had to replace the rudder shelf, same issue as it rotted out. I also replaced a rotted battery shelf who’s collapse caused a shorting in the electrical burning out my wireing. Big replacement.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 23, 2022, at 10:22 AM, Skip Hansen <cts...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[...]

David C

Oct 23, 2022, 2:54:19 PM10/23/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
Happy to see Activity as I was sure I wasn't alone investing so much in an old girl. And Mary: "heading across the Pacific", I am impressed and would love to hear about the adventure or will you do a YouTube...

Oct 24, 2022, 9:37:05 AM10/24/22
to Unknown
Hi David
Received your email.
Allmand 35 Traveller in the Rappahanock River area of Virgina.
I believe the group moved over to Facebook a while back so I havent seen or heard from them. Not a FB fan.
Good luck!
Eddie Hornick

Mary Connaughton

Oct 24, 2022, 9:53:00 AM10/24/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
I had to replace mine too! That cover for the emergency tiller is in a bad spot.  Hard to keep it from leaking.

Skip Hansen

Oct 25, 2022, 9:39:08 AM10/25/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
It’s the only place it could be . Directly over the rudder post

Sent from my iPhone

Mary Connaughton

Oct 25, 2022, 9:59:41 AM10/25/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
True but on mine the cover doesn't quite fit. The edge were it meets the aft seat is trimmed to make it fit and that is where it leaks.

Tim Kemerley

Oct 26, 2022, 11:22:50 AM10/26/22
to all...@googlegroups.com
Greetings - I have decided to sell my 1981 Allmand.  It has spent its entire life on Lake Erie, and is presently located at Sandusky, OH.  If interested, please contact RCR Yachts, Hank Boissoneault at 1-419-357-1044.  Pictures can be viewed at RCR yachts.com

Thanks,
Tim

Visit the Allmand Sail site at http://www.allmandsail.com
Allmand Files: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B0KWQYvl2FcWMGM2NzgyMTYtNDE3Yi00YWU5LTgyMTUtMWU4YzlmODA0NzU3&hl=en

---
[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/allmand/CAOfErp8aB9%3DXRe2g9yJoTgfupsvaZ8w5rtbKAhDky69TQ%3Dn8uA%40mail.gmail.com.

KEITH REYNOLDS

Sep 7, 2023, 8:25:13 PM9/7/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
Haven't seen any comments on the Allmand Owners website since last October. Has this group been disbanded or moved to a different website or address?

Keith Reynolds, owner of 3 Allmands

Skip Hansen

Sep 7, 2023, 9:00:46 PM9/7/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
Is the Allmand site still active?

Sent from my iPhone

James Flowers

Sep 7, 2023, 9:07:36 PM9/7/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
Sold a year ago

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 7, 2023, at 9:00 PM, Skip Hansen <cts...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Is the Allmand site still active?

KEITH REYNOLDS

Sep 8, 2023, 1:11:02 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
Such a shame to let all that archived data disappear.

Keith

John Rudio

Sep 8, 2023, 7:32:10 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
I agree, the forum was such a big help. The community was so supportive and the knowledge base was a huge plus.

Sadly we sold “Business” about five years ago. Last I heard she was moved to Mobile, AL. The forum was my first go to for support. Thanks to all those experts. Your help was much appreciated.

Skip Hansen

Sep 8, 2023, 9:56:57 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
From what I’ve seen in the last few years is next to nothing. From where oi sit , it looks like the Allmand site for owners is gone .. otherwise, where is it?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2023, at 6:32 AM, John Rudio <johnp...@gmail.com> wrote:

I agree, the forum was such a big help. The community was so supportive and the knowledge base was a huge plus.

Alexandr Nist

Sep 8, 2023, 10:18:00 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
I’m here!

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 7, 2023, at 21:07, 'James Flowers' via Allmand <all...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Sold a year ago

Charles Morris

Sep 8, 2023, 10:18:08 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
I have been doing the great loop but my sailboat is on the hard in Alabama.

Charlie
81 Allmand sail 31

James Donavan

Sep 8, 2023, 10:18:15 AM9/8/23
to Allmand
hi I still have my allmand 31  .s/v Eternity .... it is on a trailer sitting in my wife old riding arena .. i have leukemia and am 75 years old  but i am still planning on upgrading my allmand portlights and installing a bimini .. i would also like to install some dingy davits with solar panels on top ... then , Lord willing , trailer it down to puerto penasco , mexico and sail around baja ..:-)   blessings , jim

James Donavan

Sep 8, 2023, 10:18:25 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
yes indeed  . are you sure its gone ????.    jim

Skip Hansen

Sep 8, 2023, 11:13:05 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
And that’s good ! Now where is the Allmand site?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 8, 2023, at 9:18 AM, James Donavan <1appl...@gmail.com> wrote:

hi I still have my allmand 31  .s/v Eternity .... it is on a trailer sitting in my wife old riding arena .. i have leukemia and am 75 years old  but i am still planning on upgrading my allmand portlights and installing a bimini .. i would also like to install some dingy davits with solar panels on top ... then , Lord willing , trailer it down to puerto penasco , mexico and sail around baja ..:-)   blessings , jim

Sarah Fox

Sep 8, 2023, 11:25:04 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com

Still have our Allmand 31’, but she’s been sitting for a while, in need of a few repairs.  Please keep us on any list!

Sarah Fox and Earline Thomas (daughter of the late Earl Ward)

I agree, the forum was such a big help. The community was so supportive and the knowledge base was a huge plus.

RICHARD LIPHAM

Sep 8, 2023, 11:33:07 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
I’m still sailing my 13’ Allmand, I replaced my main in Feb.
Here is a link to the Allmand files.

RICHARD LIPHAM

Sep 8, 2023, 11:38:25 AM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
31’ not 13’.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 8, 2023, at 10:33 AM, RICHARD LIPHAM <lip...@aol.com> wrote:

I’m still sailing my 13’ Allmand, I replaced my main in Feb.
Here is a link to the Allmand files.

David C

Sep 8, 2023, 2:10:33 PM9/8/23
to all...@googlegroups.com
Yes, looks like the https://www.allmandsail.com/ site has died and gone to Google heaven. Perhaps I can look into another repository site for files. I am sure we can collectively recreate most of the system information.

David