Boy, they are watching you everywhere.

Haris Ibrahim K. V.

Jun 10, 2015, 12:28:02 AM6/10/15
to allfor...@googlegroups.com
So this happened:
http://thewire.in/2015/06/09/israeli-firm-strong-arms-indian-techie-for-exposing-suspicious-code/

Hello peeps,

I used to be slightly sceptical about all the lengthy discussion
around security issues with using certain services, but this takes the
cake. Airtel is one of the biggest telcom providers in India and if
some dude from * another country * are so casually allowed to have
their way into out browsers, that stinks.

The funny thing is, the alleged people (apparently from Israel),
forced Thejesh's mouth shut!

Here is the notice: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2015-06-08-FN.md

Heh, I've had mouth shut from our college for coming out with the
truth once. But Thejesh's story is way bigger.

Be careful out there folks.

--
Haris Ibrahim K. V.
http://sosaysharis.wordpress.com

Jijo Alexander

Jun 10, 2015, 2:22:29 PM6/10/15
to allfor...@googlegroups.com
This is mind-boggling...its not enough that I pay for the net I consume, Airtel will piggyback on that and feed me advertisements I don't want.......Looks like that fight for Net Neutrality was lost before it began.....

Great work in bringing it to our attention Haris....

Pirate Praveen

Jun 13, 2015, 11:57:08 PM6/13/15
to allfor...@googlegroups.com
Be careful, yes. But tor is your friend. Speak out rather than keep
your mouth shut. This is why anonymity is so important. When bullies
rule and speaking the truth is too costly, we need the invisibility
cloak.

> --

പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
You have to keep reminding your government that you don't get your rights
from them; you give them permission to rule, only so long as they follow the
rules: laws and constitution.

Ashik Salman

Jun 15, 2015, 10:46:18 AM6/15/15
to allforabacus

Nice one.
we have to go forward.
Who knows what is next :-)

Haris Ibrahim K. V.

Jun 17, 2015, 2:09:35 AM6/17/15
to allfor...@googlegroups.com
Woohoo! No one is sitting silent here. :)

Thej has written them a reply!

Check it out here: http://thejeshgn.com/2015/06/15/my-reply/