Proposing to hold OSScamp in Allahabad

k roy

Aug 20, 2010, 8:10:42 AM8/20/10
to Allahabad FOSS Shuudan, Kinshuk Sunil
As till now, our Foss shuudan has had only one single meetup to boast of, I was thinking of having another meetup (a few of us would be in town in Oct due to Dussehra holidays).
However, as the community has really gone into an over stretched hibernation, it would be good to organise a meetup on a larger scale so as to fulfill the original motive of forming this community, i.e. to spread the awareness of open source into the larger masses.

Hence, comes OSScamp [1] into the picture. Basically its a gathering of foss enthusiasts/newbies/experts and certain talks take place however, without any of the conference type ordering/arrangement/formality; imagine a meetup with a pretty large number of people. Kinshuk Sunil [2], who helps in organising these OSScamps, has given us a go that we can have an OSScamp in Allahabad. The things which need to be sorted first are (i) venue & date (I hope Sanjeev sir can help us in securing IIITA for the same), (ii) number of participants, (iii) duration of the camp , (iv) sponsorship, if any, for banners/posters/snacks/t-shirts, etc.

I hope all of us can use this thread to collaborate and get another meetup/OSScamp happening!
-kr0y

[1] http://osscamp.in/
[2] http://osscamp.in/blog/kinshuksunil

--
~ Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return --Da Vinci

Kinshuk Sunil

Aug 20, 2010, 8:14:40 AM8/20/10
to k roy, Allahabad FOSS Shuudan
kr0y

just a correction: i am no one to give a go :P its teh spirit of doing something that is important, if we have it we always have the go..

all the best to organisers, i'll chip in with whatever i can contribute to in the organisation; would also try my best to participate :)

lets start with dates and venue

--
regards
Kinshuk Sunil

Connect with Me: FacebookLinkedInFlickrTwitterBlog RSSBlog RSSdevianArt
Message Me: Google Talk/kinshuksunil Skype/kinshuksunil MSN/kinshu...@hotmail.com Y! messenger/kinshuksunil

regards
Kinshuk Sunil
+91-9910024895

Connect with Me: FacebookLinkedInFlickrTwitterBlog RSSBlog RSSdevianArt
Message Me: Google Talk/kinshuksunil Skype/kinshuksunil MSN/kinshu...@hotmail.com Y! messenger/kinshuksunil

k roy

Aug 20, 2010, 8:16:57 AM8/20/10
to Kinshuk Sunil, Allahabad FOSS Shuudan
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Kinshuk Sunil <kinshu...@gmail.com> wrote:
kr0y

just a correction: i am no one to give a go :P its teh spirit of doing something that is important, if we have it we always have the go..

And here I was trying to make you appear intimidating. All labour lost! ;)
-kr0y

Shashwat Anand

Aug 20, 2010, 8:38:18 AM8/20/10
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com, Kinshuk Sunil
kr0y : You are missing something. Allahabad don't have the man power to organise OSSCAMP. The best we can do is, do something related to it in our tech-fest. Practicality beats Purity.

~l0nwlf

k roy

Aug 20, 2010, 9:32:33 AM8/20/10
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
kr0y : You are missing something. Allahabad don't have the man power to organise OSSCAMP. The best we can do is, do something related to it in our tech-fest. Practicality beats Purity.

Man power there is but not much motivation. Lets see, am waiting for some input from Sanjeev sir.
-kr0y

Sanjeev B.S.

Aug 25, 2010, 1:48:58 AM8/25/10
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
kr0y : You are missing something. Allahabad don't have the man power to organise OSSCAMP. The best we can do is, do something related to it in our tech-fest. Practicality beats Purity.

OSS camp is a nice idea. It would be nice to have some directed and purposeful FOSS s/w development due to the lower strength of IT/CS students in the region. That way there can be interaction as well as development going on.

These are just some thoughts...

-S

k roy

Aug 28, 2010, 11:56:42 AM8/28/10
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Any updates sir? If we cannot get IIITA as a venue maybe we can try contacting MNNIT, Allahabad University or UCER. As its already the end of August, if we need to hold the OSScamp in Oct, it'll be best to get in action as easrly as possible.
-kr0y

Kinshuk Sunil

Aug 28, 2010, 12:10:09 PM8/28/10
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to sidetrack a bit from the venue discussions, but i'd like to understand two things:

1. the FOSS scene in Allahabad, and
2. objectives and expectations from an OSScamp