Re: [FOSS] Re: Want to Make Easy Money fast,daily,weekly,monthly

Message has been deleted

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 10:45:32 AM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Bleh !
As if one spammer was not enough :|

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM, k roy <kroy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Banned and thread deleted!

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:30 PM, remona boney <remonab...@gmail.com> wrote:

Earn easy money fast - daily, weekly, monthly!!you can work from home
at your free time and can earn a regular steady income. limited
positions available. this is a great home based job where one can...
http://processemailonline.com/

--
~ Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return --Da Vinci

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 12:49:11 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Heheh, yeah yeah, u guys are continuing the thread. Now I have the
dubious pleasure to add to this thread. But seriously, can we make easy
money thru FOSS somehow? Anyone knows any tricks?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 12:51:43 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
OKOK, got it got it, I wasnt serious when I asked that question.
I know the whole FOSS charter and all the blahblahs... :-P
Free rulezzzzz... Lets not look at FOSS for money making :-P
heheh..
Anyone up for GCJ?

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 12:57:36 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
create a site that helps in open project development, and add the google advert feature.
--
Saurabh Tiwari
B. Tech (3rd Year)

Sanjeev B.S.

Aug 28, 2009, 12:57:41 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
> On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 22:19 +0530, Ishan Chattopadhyaya wrote:
>> Heheh, yeah yeah, u guys are continuing the thread. Now I have the
>> dubious pleasure to add to this thread. But seriously, can we make easy
>> money thru FOSS somehow? Anyone knows any tricks?

Does GSoC ring a bell? ;)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 12:59:58 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
oh yes yes, i think last week, when i was a week younger, i did
something about it.. heheh
you have great memory, sir..
saurabh, ur idea is serious enough and good! can we all start a website
together and see how it goes? i can start with the initial funding..
whatsay?

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 1:03:27 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
yea thats +  from my side, We can present that with the help of Open source CMS like Joomla, Drupal or Silver star. We can also give it a blog layout. We can do the testing on my local server.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:07:04 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
awesome idea!
so, how should we name it?

opensourcetips.com or something like this? (if available)?

Sanjeev B.S.

Aug 28, 2009, 1:12:33 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Easy Money :P

Good luck guys. :)

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Ishan
--
Furious activity is no substitute for understanding.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:13:42 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
yuck, it seems finding a name shall be heck of a task in itself!
opensourcetips.com isnt availalble.
lets suggest some more and do some quick voting and try to get it up
soon.. would be fun to have it as a startup, would fund our next FOSS
shuudan CCD meetup and some money for banner printing to promote FOSS in
allahabad ;-)

please suggest a few names for a website

shirish

Aug 28, 2009, 1:15:21 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Nice Idea Saurabh,
But aren't there much more site giving out the information about opensource projects etc, I'd rather say to jot down  how it could be different form other million out there if at all you are serious in getting it done :)

cheers
Shirish Reddy P
(Student)
Indian Institute Of Information Technology, Allahabad
Mob No. +919651418099
http://www.knowledgeisfortheworld.blogspot.com

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:15:30 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
haha, good luck to you too sir, you'll be our technical director in this
venture. :-) guide us well with your expertise and lets all try out and
see where it goes.. (if it goes nowhere, we know where to find sir in
IIIT, hai na?) :-P

[just kidding]

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 1:16:45 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com

please suggest a few names for a website

Are you serious, Ishan? Is AOL giving you a lot of free time these days? ;)

~kr0y

P.S. : The spam seemed to revive the community. Let more spams come in :P

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:17:20 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hmmm, that's the next part, what content can make it unique and better
than the rest?
or would it rather be the way we advertise which will make it better?

Anshul Kesarwani, are you reading this thread? you are already having a
website doing well, any ideas how to go about this FOSS meetings/banners
fundraising website?

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 1:18:37 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
I would also like to have kr0y in this discussion, can't buy without her consent.
For real earning our site has to be super famous. I have blog http://thehackerslibrary.com/ . It was produced by joint ventures of Debashis Choudhry and Me.
Though he is in MS but he also believes in power of Open source.
The site has around 500-600 hits daily but no one clicks on the ads.
We have hardly earned $10 in the past 6 months, and finally we decided to remove the ads, So we have to think in every aspect before we take any decision.

Sanjeev B.S.

Aug 28, 2009, 1:19:07 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
:)

If you go back in the thread, you'd see the motivation was to have
google hits to make money, all started from the banned post called
Easy Money, which is to say Google hits. So first it is required to
state and agree on actual motivation and purpose. :)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:18:44 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh, AOL mein rehke mera dimaag "monetizing" ki taraf jaa raha hai.
Most of AOL's revenue comes from advertising :-) great place to be in if
you understand what customers need (google too maybe).

shirish

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 1:20:21 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hahahaha,
seriously thanks to her

shirish

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:23:58 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
good girl remona!
you're absolutely right sir. and good point saurabh, doing the done
might get us nowhere. we need to nail down our source of revenue.
though, we could also maybe start with something and think of revenue
later. if we can actually make it more popular than 500-600 hits per
day, probably we'll need to hightlight the open source catchy titles and
maybe cash in on them (apart from google ads). as in, maybe, e.g., have
a tieup with a tshirt company who sells tshirts selling good linux
tshirts etc. etc. (just a lame example, but something on these lines cud
get some extra revenue, can it, saurabh?)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:26:29 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
even if nothing works, at worst we have a website by FOSS Shuudan which
gives users some extra education.
having college students (of allahabad?) participate in running the
website and adding to knowledgebase cud keep it going, can it? [kroy,
shashwat, what do u think?]

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:31:24 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
foss-tips.com/org availalbe.

any other suggestions please?
just so as to make a difference, we have 3 GSoCers, a Solr committer and
an algo expert with us in the group! we can surely churn out better
quality articles than the rest, cant we? as in start with how to get
into OSS, get into GSoC, etc. etc. and many many more?

shirish

Aug 28, 2009, 1:34:39 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
All the best guys ^_^

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 1:37:03 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
As far as earning money by Adsense is concerned I think our hackers (ideamonk & l0nwlf) can really help in that case. But wouldnt it be better if we really involve FOSS and contribute to it rather than just keeping a blog which throws in some info about foss and encourages people to click on the ads.

One thing which can be done, though am not sure of how good it would work out eventually is, create apps using foss, encourage people and organisations to use it and provide support charges. In this case we can contact various organisations as to the kind of solution they need and build it. Another solution can be to build open source apps for the common masses and keep a Donate Me button :P

~kr0y

rahul dutt sharma

Aug 28, 2009, 1:40:36 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
The Donate me button does work!  :)

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 1:40:53 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Oh btw, a few days ago I won a free domain on a twitter contest and chose notpron.co.in Even though it aint FOSS sounding but we can use it if we need to get started asap.

And if people wanna get started with building open source solutions specific to organisation needs then start pooling in the open source technologies in demand!
~kr0y

P.S. : /me pokes ideamonk. Dude where are you?????

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 1:43:16 PM8/28/09
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM, rahul dutt sharma <rd....@gmail.com> wrote:
The Donate me button does work!  :)

Yayyyy, lets all put up the open source projects we have built so far for download and place a BIG Donate button next to it for starters?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:42:47 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
true, i agree to quite some degree with you.
i think the idea could be moulded into having our own FOSS site with
ideas for common users (ad or no ad, we can decide it later).

and use the same platform for some kind of app ideas. i think building
open source apps from scratch for us could be infeasible right away [i'd
happy to be wrong here, am i?], but maybe new app ideas could be
discussed? or maybe even prototypes cud be showcased?

i know how im sounding.. like another random guy wanting to "do
something" without a clear idea of what he wants. :-P but, i guess doing
just something and then making it better could be better than not
starting anything at all, do u agree? shd we let the best be the enemy
of good?

bahh, ignore that last hypothetical question. unless we're sure, nothing
is even "good" :-P

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 1:45:27 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ishan,
I was also thinking that a website should be started which could bring in some revenue. The inputs to this group are just awesome, then why not utilize the matter for making some quick money!!
Not only adsense, we can also take ads specifically for our site once the site becomes popular.
--
Thanks & Regards
Anshul Kesarwani

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:45:10 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
+1 from my side.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:47:48 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
exactly, man!!
that's where i guess identifying the class of resources we'll be putting
out across could be interesting. OSS apps, advice based articles have
more or less been decided.. can we go any further, some more idea?
what does a user want? or what kinds of sites would a user associate
with? for UI, simplicity or feature-richness?

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 1:55:04 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
According to me, simplicity is the best policy. This is the policy used by google.
A very simple and easily navigable page, yet containing all the stuff in a very decent and organized manner.
Also if there is any confusion related whether to put ads or not, i'll like to say there should be a pre specified space for ads, the user then doesnt feels as if he is being cheated or so.
I prefer ads on personal level than using adsense as its tooooo common, visible on all the sites and i personally dont like it.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:54:36 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Anshul/Saurabh, how much does a decent startup website cost?
If we can nail down the URL name tonight (can we? any suggestions,
please, or any consensus?),
can I go ahead and book it tonight, Anshul?

/me pokes brothers shashwat & ankul, where are you man? ankul, how's ur
health?

kaa kiya jaaye website kaa, jaaye dein ki kuchh karein sone ke pehle?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 1:58:05 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fair enough!
the t-shirt websites will like the free publicity, i thought initially.
similar company ads wud be good. that's what u mean, na?
I can barely keep myself from coding a front page now (although i never
desgined a website before.. heheh). alas, we need to nail down the
domain first..

what's your vision plan, sanjeev sir?

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 1:58:36 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
A decent website to start with can be started within Rs 1000 which includes a domain name and 100 mb space. But the bandwidth provided is quite less which could be increased by further payments as our site grows.

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:02:59 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Man ..this post had grown huge ..seems i missed loadsa fun and need to read loadsa short-stories mentioned above right now ;)
Quote by Ishan ' know how im sounding.. like another random guy wanting to "do
something" without a clear idea of what he wants. :-P ' -> Whoaaaa...struck me right in the heart .. so true :P

@kr0y :  notpron.co.in is kool .. an Indian site which doesnt host p0rn = notpron ( loved the name)
@Ishan : +1 from my side too, U'r an innovator and I respect you for that.
@anshul : fantastic idea .. u'r appointed the fund manager of our group henceforth ..i dunt think anybody will object :P
@remonal : Can i get ur phone no. please if you dunt mind ;)

PS. Apologies ..I hadn't grasped the whole meaning of the thread yet  !!

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 2:09:34 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@shashwat: security expert for our site so that spam remain under control!!

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 2:10:03 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Can we ask http://www.madetokill.com/ to design our website? I hope it will be free of cost :D

Also apart from just knowledge contribution, I seriously support the fact to host open source projects. By projects I dont mean only the huge ones, but it can be a small shell script to do some particular task, some addon of an existing foss, some small game, etc.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:10:00 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hhehehehe, great man!! u got it just right, that's just the summary of
the thread!!
just saw fossination.com is available.

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:07:51 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishaan , I can help you nail the website name tonight, we can buy it directly from google.com and redirect it on anshul.sourabh hosting for now. Atleast lets finalize on the name .. buying will never be an issue !!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:11:00 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hehehe if spam comes from remona, +100 to spam... heheh

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:12:01 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
exacttttttttlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
i totally agree, lets agree on the name, then we can work out the buying
part (tonight or later, whenever)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:13:43 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
i fully agree, kr0y!
what's your suggestion? shall we look to have SVN or some repository in
our domain (i think there are webhosting solutions which allow this).
or rather, shall we host our apps at github/sf/googlecode and use our
site to host the project pages/description pages of the app?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:15:10 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
> Can we ask http://www.madetokill.com/ to design our website? I hope it
> will be free of cost :D

Looks like an interesting site. Will it be free of cost really? Are
there any caveats?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:16:23 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Anshul, there's the simplicity funda with a good website. madetokill
looks awesome!

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 2:18:44 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
 shall we host our apps at github/sf/googlecode and use our
site to host the project pages/description pages of the app?

 I think for starters we can make use of code.google 's svn repo or maybe github. We wouldnt want to waste the precious website space.

One of the madetokill guys is on this list so I am hopeful :)

~kr0y.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:17:11 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
oh, no wonder why its awesome.. scroll down to have a look at the
designer.. our ideamonk!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:19:49 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
i was more thinkning of having saurabh's expertise on the website, and
having self help tools for the site which saurabh mentioned, like
drupal/joomla.

fossination.com
foss-tips.com
geeky-tips.com

any votes, or new entries?

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:21:18 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishan Hosting on github and providing info is decent. Also madetokill.com guys are professional designers and _member of this group_ too. Although am keeping my finger crossed right now about anything else.

k roy

Aug 28, 2009, 2:26:20 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
born2floss.com
fossified.com
fossroad/fossroads.com (along the lines of crossroads)

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:30:12 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishan fossination -> looks like FOSS is an assasinator, foss-tips -> ok (it can b better though ), geeky-tips -> a bit wannabe

PS. My left-brain sucks so I'm badly in need of opinion from others. Any /* .. */

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:30:26 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
great!
i love fossified one.
i tried variations of fossilized, didnt find any unavailable.
lemme setup a poll, which we can vote for by tomorrow. lets have the
suggestions for the poll by today, maybe..

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:32:04 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
i love ur analysis!
esp. the one about the assasinator. it makes fossination sound so
powerful.. heheh.
we need more suggestions and then we can go with one. sanjeev sir, any
ideas from ur creative left brain, please?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:34:11 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
fossilizer.org and fossilised.org available.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:36:15 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
fossification.com/org available.
hey, am i spamming the list too much? anyone wants me to cut down on
frequency?

/me ankul, where are you, mate?

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 2:38:40 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
fossmadeeasy
fossunwired
masterfoss

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:38:47 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
fossililized ??? ....just remembered Dinosaurs and their fossils
+1 for poll

@ishan Can you give the output of 'date' on ur poll file ?
@others Suggest names..cast votes..It's u'r right as well as duty

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:44:37 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishan fossilizer -> Is it latest brand of fertilizer ? AND PLEASE DON'T CUT U'R LEVEL OF FREQUENCY .. u'r spamming the list though with some intellect and some [rand(s1)+foss+rand(s2)] stuff which is manageable :P. Please keep the thread alive, am loving thy humour  :P

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:47:25 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hehehhe fertilizer or dinosaur or software, it seems ambiguous and
funny ;-)

here's the poll guys.. dont vote for clothes etc. scroll down for the
actual thing.

http://www.snappoll.com/poll/305953.php

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:49:59 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Please vote everyone, although the poll sucks, please take it to heart.
Soorat se keerat bhali :-P
http://www.snappoll.com/poll/305953.php

Please vote, mates!
and/or suggest additions.

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:51:36 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Oops ..you were a bit late ..I just voted for 'vitamins', I thought we both need it. Even Shalin Sir need it ;)

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 2:51:38 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
I'd suggest fossination, I like the name. The process of transforming an MS guy to FOSS guy
;)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:51:11 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
or maybe after all nominations are filed, then lets vote. lets invite
more nominations till 2mrw. i'll try to make a less pathetic looking
poll.

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 2:53:38 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
I voted for laptop, :P
My laptop battery is going to die some day :)
Full charge gives just 45 minutes of backup even after using the POWERTOP for my distro.
--
Saurabh Tiwari
B. Tech (3rd Year)
Institute Of Engineering and Rural Technology
Allahabad - 211006

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 2:54:14 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Ya lets take some more entries, and then start the polling.

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 2:55:33 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
one spam makes everyone super active ;)
thats great.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:56:21 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@anshul: great, idea. that gives me time to setup a decent poll.. heheh
@saurabh: liked the MS to FOSS idea!
@shashwat: vote for Jurassic foss park

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 2:57:40 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@saurabh My lappy gives me 7 hour of battery life ..whoo whoo ..don't be all green ..I was not trying to make you jealous.
@Ishan Let's add suggestions till tomorrow and then start polling. I can get lucky within 24 hrs and can suggest a good name ..or we can go with fossination.. Being an assassin is way better than being a 1337 G33K !!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 2:59:06 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hehehheh, 1337 g33k sounds cool
seriously though, i am going to setup the poll and open it for 1-2
days :-)

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 3:00:10 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@ shashwat, (ab mcbook paa gaye ho to please uchhlo mat :P)

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 3:01:25 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Put simple english words in the domain, so that if you tell somebody even through vocal communication then also he should be able to open the right site.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:00:50 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
OFFTOPIC: Snow leopard kaisa hai?

sorry for spamming :-P
we need IRC actually.. heheh

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 3:01:57 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
shashwat dont feel bad, we knw its "mac pro" :P

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 28, 2009, 3:02:41 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@ ishan /join #alld-foss-shuudan

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 3:04:22 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishan +1 for ya
@Saurabh So I succeeded in my 'Go Green

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 3:11:10 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishaan seriously, we should call an IRC meeting, although even discussion on group is Phun
@Anshul I'm feeling really bad ..seriously ..currently I'm grinding my roomie with my laptop ..beating the hell outta him..since it's metallic I can use it for assasination too ..or even for a nice beating. Wanna show a demo, why not visit me tomorrow ? ;)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:14:16 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
heheheh, yeahhhhhh IRC meeting 2mrw cud be serious phun!
which website is the #foss-allahabad-shuudan channel? freenode?

lets officially invite everyone for 2mrw in some way at some time.

i am trying to improve the poll, here's another attempt.
http://fosswebsite.webs.com/index.htm
we need more suggestions, i think..

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 3:24:29 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
¡ʎɐpoʇ ƃuıʞɹoʍ ʇou sı uıɐɹq ʇɟǝl ɹnoʎ ʎɥʍ ʍouʞ ı ʇɐʍɥsɐɥs@

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:26:38 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
˙sıɥʇ ǝʞıl ǝɹoɯ ǝʇɐɔıunɯɯoɔ plnoɥs ǝʍ ¡¡ǝɯosǝʍɐ sı sıɥʇ

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 3:27:41 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishan : After voting I got a google-error. Also I can vote multiple times without any warranty-void. Dynamic improvement is going on it seems..within 5 mints I felt the change in the site atleast twice..when 'Joker' from 'Dark Knight' will meet you ..he'll modify his trade-mark dialogue 'Why so serius?' to 'Why so workalcoholic?'  :)

Request

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 3:30:53 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
working 24x7 may be injurious to health, and  getting  an error message  may be injurious to  your privacy!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:31:14 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
ahh alas, google doesnt like the new website, maybe..
hope it lists it high enough, though :D
man, this is serious fun, something we never had in some days i think.
lets all have a spam free weekend and enjoy reading this thread!
i guess richa, ankul and shalin bhaiyya wud be disgusted by these spams
when they wake up tomorrow morning.

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 3:32:54 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Off-Topic ...whocares anyways..
Regarding thoose who are on twitter, Don't use twitter website to check your twitter profile. For details read this.
http://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/twitter-exploit-still-works.html
Until then : All hail #twitterfox !!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:33:07 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
the thread started girl remona has no clue what a welcome change she
brought about.
mates, how about the votes on Something else
(http://fosswebsite.webs.com/)
any new suggestions clicking our minds?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:36:33 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
gnitseretni!

Sanjeev B.S.

Aug 28, 2009, 3:37:31 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am excited to see so much activity, thanks to the idea of making
money through ads. It is a bit surprising that not much of thought is
paid to what is to be done with the money acquired. As far as I am
concerned, I use Firefox+AdBlockPlus+NoScript+FlashBlock as I find
browsing much more useful that way, so I might miss the most important
part of the sites. :P

Seriously guys, I think this FOSS group would be heading for closure
if this quest for 'Easy Money' continues. The reasons are following:

1. There are no norms for earning.
Is it for personal gain or for the group? Should everyone on the
mailing list get money? If so joining this group gives anyone money
(however little), hence assuming many join one would hardly get
peanuts.

2. If the money is for community then we can directly do something
than trying to guide unsuspecting surfers to wrong destination. BTW,
many of us do not use M$ simply because of such programs called
Malwares! Ever heard of adwares?

Talking of banners, I have not seen banners of Google ever in so many
years. And hardly of Microsoft. Does that say something?

I believe some of you might find this interesting:
http://www.schillmania.com/content/entries/2009/adblock-vs-noscript/

Just my 2 cents of thoughts.

With best wishes,
-Sanjeev

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 3:39:01 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Ishan .. yeah man ...really :(
richa would be disgusted for there is no mention of webcam anywhere
ankul will be disgusted as there is no solr-autocomplete-...-stuff here
shalin sir will be accustomed of these i hope, so he most prolly won't mind.. hope so :|

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:43:35 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Great thoughts, sir!
I guess the money should go into promoting the FOSS group and bringing
in more activity from college students across various colleges.
Realistically, I doubt if we'll even make any money or money more than a
few thousand bucks, in which case it should goto promotion.

If we endup doing more, we could easily use the money to organise the
meetups (like the one we had at CCD). Probably, all this brings us
together and helps spreads interest and learning more.

Money itself is useless, but the means to earn it could in itself be
fascinating and the website itself could spread some of our learnings to
newbies to FOSS. What say?

@kroy: I guess during that GSoC/FOSS meetup, we two pointed at someone
else too (part of the group) present on the same day at the venue, na?

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:44:48 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Richa, Ankul and Shalin Bhaiyya must be falling off their beds trying to
control their unusual hiccups by now :-P
heheeheh

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 3:50:28 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 4:07:33 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 4:12:26 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
opentips.in
available!

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 4:16:32 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Let's eliminate 'FOSS" word and concentrate on 'OPEN', it have a more aesthetic feel :)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 4:19:55 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
+1 i agree with you. If we dont find a good FOSS candidate, open website
would be great too. Or maybe we should consider the open candidates
first.

Just a recap of the goals/scope of the site:
* provide tips/suggestions on linux etc.
* have beginner articles on libraries, tools etc.
* have advice articles how to join gsoc, etc.
* fossworld/tech latests
* open source apps
* creating more interest in user participation in our site in some way.

Anshul Kesarwani

Aug 28, 2009, 4:21:18 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
opentips.in sounds cool...using open or open source wld be better, i agree.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 4:22:27 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
any suggestions, mate?

i saw another, open-tricks.com as available

Shashwat Anand

Aug 28, 2009, 4:26:10 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
1 spam catapulted this group to one of its most happening post ever. A great discussion and thoda sa crap..overall it was great !!
Salt + Sugar + Nimbu + Water = Shikanji ( A great recipe) ...
so forgive me if I had threw some extra salt..
Thanks to all the participants for wasting your time ..and I hope u'll keep on wasting some more time !!

PS. We don't need a spam to start some great threads..all we need is a bunch of losers with some free time on their hand. Keep participating :D
It is loading more messages.
This conversation is locked