[FOSS] Configuring Apache Solr

1 view

k roy

Apr 29, 2010, 2:19:31 PM4/29/10
to Allahabad FOSS Shuudan

Hi,

I am having trouble configuring the schema in the example folder, as it keeps showing the old field names in the schema browser.

I am not running the multicore Solr. The location of schema.xml is in .../apache-solr/example/solr/conf/ I edited the original schema.xml, removed the fields originally present and added the new ones.

I edited one of the requestHandler tags in  solrconfig.xml (this one, <requestHandler name="dismax" class="solr.SearchHandler"> to be precise) as it contained the original field values and replaced them with the newly defined field values.

Now when I restart Solr and navigate to Schema Browser, I can see the new fields I added along with the fields which were defined originally in the schema. The only difference is that the old fields do not have any type,properties  associated with them and appear blank. Also the documents I have indexed, appear in the new fields added, indicating that indexing is successful. But on searching, the result is always return 0/not found, even if the word is present in the index.

Any help pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.
-kr0y

--
~ Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return --Da Vinci