Re: [FOSS] Re: Want to Make Easy Money fast,daily,weekly,monthly

Abhishek Mishra

Aug 28, 2009, 6:38:40 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Found and interesting discussion over domain names -
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=91005

I'm gonna write a domain hunter in python soon. First it would look
for dictionary words, and then adjective+noun combos. Looking up for
adjective+foss, foss+adjective, open+{linux/foss/etc} would be great.

Anyways am busy with some work lately, and my super duper college is
working hard to reduce any productive/creative time I get. So I guess
I shall be more of a watcher/commentator/time-to-time contributor.

Go for the http://envato.com/ way! They are the ones that run nettuts,
psdtuts, flashtuts, phototuts, and what not. And each one of their
awesome collaborative blogs are nothing but a pimped up wordpress
blog. Forget about adsense, generate great values and _then_ think of
monetizing it. Once it is known to be awesome to some good people and
a very large crowd of n00bs, then is the time to monetize, even
donations would become realistic at that time.

* http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/02/the_name_game.html
* http://www.igorinternational.com/process/igor-naming-guide.pdf

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 28, 2009, 6:46:00 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
+1 @ideamonk
Totally agree. You into words my original vision for getting started
with this.

Personally, I'd choose fossination.com / openideas.in / openthoughts.in
or something similar.

Abhishek Mishra

Aug 28, 2009, 6:48:43 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com

Abhishek Mishra

Aug 28, 2009, 7:32:54 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
damn sorry for the spam, i'm reverting to google to get the domain.
the interface of godaddy just sucks and hides a lot of things in fine
print. Simplicity rules, google rules. (though they get you the domain
from third party)

Abhishek Mishra

Aug 28, 2009, 7:29:43 PM8/28/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
SPAM -- GO DADDY PEEPS DOMAIN for $1.99/year. I'm taking it for myself.

rahul dutt sharma

Aug 29, 2009, 1:38:50 AM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
@Abhishek Mishra thnkx fr the linkx about NetTuts ppl.

Abhishek Mishra

Aug 29, 2009, 8:39:27 AM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Lol, was running my domain finding python script on a list of
adjectives, one good find -

ossified: [X].com [X].net [+].org

X - not available
+ - available

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 8:42:47 AM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
cool! ossified.org sounds cool!
i'll put up the poll for the good domain names tonight.

p.s.: lets have another poll to elect our neta/netri (moderator). i
think we need a moderate moderator.. whatsay, gals (and
guys?) :-P :-P :-P anyone agrees?

ankul

Aug 29, 2009, 8:50:33 AM8/29/09
to Allahabad FOSS Shuudan
yeah... moderator needs to be elected... it shud be someone chosen by
the majority... democratic world ;) ;)

On Aug 29, 5:42 pm, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 8:52:24 AM8/29/09
On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 05:50 -0700, ankul wrote:
> yeah... moderator needs to be elected... it shud be someone chosen by
> the majority... democratic world ;) ;)

+0.25 (isse zyada denge toh kroy bhagaa degi :p)
ankul, we were missing you a lot yesterday, did u get hiccups or
falloffs from bed? :-P

what are yours ideas towards improving our website? what all you think
we should have in it as content?

ankul

Aug 29, 2009, 8:59:57 AM8/29/09
to Allahabad FOSS Shuudan
hehe... thinking of her reaction.. lolz... :D
well, what i would suggest is that the website should give updates of
current FOSS projects going on and how to make them better and a forum
or group to discuss on them separately (so that some people wont be
irritated.. ;) ). Also, articles, tutorials, programming stuff, etc
can make the website a good one and a lot useful. What say??

On Aug 29, 5:52 pm, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com>

k roy

Aug 29, 2009, 11:31:52 AM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
hehe... thinking of her reaction.. lolz... :D

Well since you are so intrigued about my reaction then lemme share that. After reading your post I was like <OMG, this dude *actually* opened his mouth in a non-Solr related thread too.> And the surprise was justified because your zero-interest in FOSS topics minus Solr was just too obvious :D

~kr0y

--
~ Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to return --Da Vinci

Ankul Garg

Aug 29, 2009, 4:47:45 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Saying that Solr was just too obvious makes no sense until you yourself bang your head day and night thinking of a better DS, benchmark it and then get some pretty good results. And I think Solr is FOSS related topic only. And what if I say that you just show your interest in FOSS topics and do not produce anything concrete out of it. If not anything else, atleast dont discourage others (who are atleast doing something considerable) by spoiling their threads!!!
Ankul

k roy

Aug 29, 2009, 4:52:23 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Dude, go take English classes is all I can say.
~kr0y

Ankul Garg

Aug 29, 2009, 4:55:51 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Its better I leave this group!!!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 5:01:49 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Peace I suggest..

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 02:17 +0530, Ankul Garg wrote:
> FOSS topics minus Solr was just too obvious :D

I guess kroy meant,
your no discussion in any topic: FOSS - {Solr}, i.e. FOSS topics other
than Solr..

Dont leave, else a precious jewel from the crown of a princess will be
missing. You see what i mean.. FOSS needs you! You need FOSS! Marry each
other, FOSS and Ankul (its legal anyway)!

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 5:04:23 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
As always, the disclaimers are attached to all my posts..
"Don't take me seriously enough to be angry with me!"

Ankul Garg

Aug 29, 2009, 5:17:05 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes, no one is leaving the group. Lets stop fighting and continue with some good discussions without making the discrimination "Solr and Non-Solr topics". Nobody has the right to show his/her irritation from others' posts and threads.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 5:22:27 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
+1 for stopping fighting and good discussions
+1 for stopping discrimination of Solr/Non Solr
-1 for showing irritation.
-1 for loose talk (like what I am doing right now)
---
Overall, life goes on!

How about the website, guys? Are any new suggestions coming in,
ideamonk? Or shall I start the poll?

Ankul Garg

Aug 29, 2009, 5:28:08 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Lets first jot down the topics we need to include in the website. Articles on current open source projects is perhaps an important thing to include. Articles will lead to discussions. Discussions can bring out some good conclusions and perhaps some practical results too. What say??

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 5:38:26 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
I can think of the following:
* Beginner articles
* Articles on projects (as you mentioned)
* Tutorials on algo, coding, libraries etc.
* Code samples and sample projects made by us
* Screencasts, etc. for anything cool that we can have
* Geeky comic strips?
* Website suggestions
* Planet of all our blogs (What do you think?)
* Whole site or parts of it could be wiki pages
* Some part of the site (suggestions needed) should be made
interactive, so that user feels need to come back
* of course all our content should have syndication feeds
* If opensocial apps, FF addons, etc. could be made for our site, it
could be popular.

Rest is all about how efficiently we spread the word around that we have
a good website worth your visit. If in 2-3 months we reach 500 hits per
day, I think it'll be a good start.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 5:46:25 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
Also, I think there has to be a brand value attached to it somehow.
Like e.g. saying, "u gotta be a real geek to wear a fossination t-shirt,
you cant just buy and wear it.." kind of propaganda. This helps us get
noticed in the beginning, and maybe small contests (idea contests,
simple code contest, puzzle contest etc.) to start off with, in which
prizes could be our t-shirts with cool slogans etc. might be good.

Although initially we'll just be giving away t-shirts off our pocket
money, but the website being popular could help anyway.

Also, apart from slogan t-shirts, we should have posters with cool
slogans and a small logo of our website in bottom right. We can send
them to colleges, univs, etc.

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 29, 2009, 6:19:50 PM8/29/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
The Poll is ready, everyone kindly take it again.
Hope we choose a good name!
Regards,
Ishan

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 30, 2009, 12:59:14 AM8/30/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com

shirish

Aug 30, 2009, 1:20:09 AM8/30/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
And i thought i just deleted this mail....
Shirish Reddy P
(Student)
Indian Institute Of Information Technology, Allahabad
Mob No. +919651418099
http://www.knowledgeisfortheworld.blogspot.com

Saurabh Tiwari

Aug 30, 2009, 11:23:52 AM8/30/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
HI everybody,
Enough of flaming.
Ankul, I feel k roy is our senior. No need to flame anyone like that, Though I am not an admin but still I felt that it would have been better if we stop flaming each other and start something more innovative, rather replying constantly over this spam.
K roy, I feel that we should end this topic over here.Perhaps,  this kind of flaming might lead us to loose our valuable member and their interests,
Why not we start with a sample site and start doing our R&D and let us bar ourselves from making post over any such topic in future.

thanks..

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 2:22 AM, k roy <kroy...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Saurabh Tiwari
B. Tech (3rd Year)

Sanjeev B.S.

Aug 30, 2009, 2:31:05 PM8/30/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Saurabh
Tiwari<saurabhti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI everybody,
> Enough of flaming.

OTOH, fighting shows there are at least two who take each other
seriously. And it increases the chance of at least one being right. :P

Actually, both of them made their point in a single mail each. So it
is obvious that they wanted to make a point, not an issue. Otherwise
this thread would have been alive and kicking. Civilized approach
killed it. What a pity! ;)

Ishan Chattopadhyaya

Aug 30, 2009, 4:11:01 PM8/30/09
On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 20:53 +0530, Saurabh Tiwari wrote:
> HI everybody,
> Enough of flaming.
> Ankul, I feel k roy is our senior. No need to flame anyone like that,
> Though I am not an admin but still I felt that it would have been
> better if we stop flaming each other and start something more
> innovative, rather replying constantly over this spam.
On the contrary, I feel we should reply to this spam thread more often
so as to kickstart the website. It'll be apt to discuss the website
here, not because of "easy money", but because of the symbolic beginning
which a spam can lead us to. I would love to be contradicted here on
this issue (of whether to continue in this thread or start another for
discussing the website).

> K roy, I feel that we should end this topic over here.Perhaps, this
> kind of flaming might lead us to loose our valuable member and their
> interests,

Lol, Neo, I think we all were tricked into believing that our valuable
member, our precious jewel from a princess' crown, our Ankul is leaving.
I think everyone is staying on and trying to make the site successful.
Flame keeps us together, inspite of our differences :-)

> Why not we start with a sample site and start doing our R&D and let us
> bar ourselves from making post over any such topic in future.
>
> thanks..
>
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 2:22 AM, k roy <kroy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dude, go take English classes is all I can say.
> ~kr0y

+1 to kroy! I feel encouraging learning should be one of the prime goals
of our group. Even if its learning a language like English!! Any spanish
course/classes/speakers? I am seriously thinking of learning it.

Ishan

k roy

Aug 30, 2009, 4:20:57 PM8/30/09

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichatto...@gmail.com> wrote:

Any spanish
course/classes/speakers? I am seriously thinking of learning it.

How bout Japanese? Thats the most happening language in town (after Python, according to l0nwlf)

Abhishek Mishra

Aug 30, 2009, 4:48:24 PM8/30/09
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:50 AM, k roy<kroy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:41 AM, Ishan Chattopadhyaya
> <ichatto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Any spanish
>> course/classes/speakers? I am seriously thinking of learning it.
>>
> How bout Japanese? Thats the most happening language in town (after Python,
> according to l0nwlf)
> ~kr0y

Japanese again! OMG, btw Ruby came from Japan right, kroy, you should
give it a try without fail :P
http://www.japaninc.com/article.php?articleID=828

Shashwat Anand

Aug 30, 2009, 5:14:10 PM8/30/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com

Brainfuck :P

@kr0y : My views about python is immutable in my current state.

Ankul Garg

Aug 31, 2009, 1:06:42 AM8/31/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
I liked the points u jot down earlier to be included in r new website, especially these two :

 * Tutorials on algo, coding, libraries etc.
 * Code samples and sample projects made by us
I guess I can contribute a lot in these two areas :)
We can have topcoder like education content on algos and coding related topics
http://www.topcoder.com/tc?module=Static&d1=tutorials&d2=alg_index

Not just on algos, we can have tutorials on software designs too, what say??

k roy

Aug 31, 2009, 2:02:05 AM8/31/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
For more ideas on what to include in the site look at the IdeaForge section of Linux.com [http://ideaforge.linux.com/]
Both the chosen Ideas and Brainstorm sections include great suggestions on what people would like to see related to Foss.

Abhishek Mishra

Sep 20, 2009, 5:47:42 AM9/20/09
to allahabad-f...@googlegroups.com
WARNING : PUBLICITY STUNT/SPAM
BTW whatever happened to this discussion, I actually came up with a
domain generator - http://web2hunter.appspot.com

Planning to extend it further into more customizable domain hunter...
So that you, know we can chip in some words like linux, tux, geek n
stuff, and it would spend all the resources of google to think and
find an available domain for us :)