IUCN position for IPBES-1

COMMENVILLE Pierre

Jan 14, 2013, 5:19:55 PM1/14/13
to all_fo...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

IPBES-1, the first meeting of the IPBES governing body will open in just a few days. I am glad to share with you the position that IUCN prepared for this meeting.

For those who like to have a rapid introduction to IPBES, you can refer to the Monthly Focus on the IUCN website about IPBES at the following link: http://iucn.org/knowledge/focus/ipbes_focus/

My very best wishes for 2013, and to start with a fruitful IPBES-1...

Pierre Commenville
Policy Officer - IPBES
Global Policy Unit
IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
28 rue Mauverney, CH-1196 Gland, Switzerland

Tel. +41 22 999 0348; Fax +41 22 999 0002;

www.iucn.org and http://www.iucn.org/ipbes

cid:image001.jpg@01CDB8EB.7E9742C0

cid:image002.jpg@01CDB8EB.7E9742C0  cid:image003.jpg@01CDB8EB.7E9742C0  cid:image004.jpg@01CDB8EB.7E9742C0

This communication, together with any attachment, may contain confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you received it by error and you are asked to please delete it and promptly notify us. Any review, copying, use, disclosure or distribution of any part of this communication, unless duly authorized by or on behalf of IUCN, is strictly forbidden.
IUCN IPBES-1 Position Paper.pdf