Space-themed Poetry

radag...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2008, 12:24:51 PM2/10/08
to AllThings Space
Since I'm on the website allpoetry.com, and there are a lot of
intruiging writings on there, thought I would feature some poetry
related to Space Exploration here. Here is an English Sonnet by Amera
on allpoetry - enjoy.
New Earth

Cryogenically frozen, we traveled in space.
Our voyage had taken a thousand years.
The captain had chosen the time and place.
I slept through the trip without any fears.

I have learned so much since I fell asleep.
Recorded lessons had played in my ears
and my mind is full of things I can keep.
Absorbing the knowledge as it appears.

The hatch flew open, our space ship landed.
I opened my eyes and I looked around.
We were welcomed by all, open handed.
I'm amazed at the beauty I have found.

'Twas almost like I was given new birth.
I opened my eyes and found our new earth.

(c) Amera M. Anderson - all rights reserved