Chainbuster Iron Maiden (Interest)

Clay Wilderman

May 31, 2024, 4:44:08 PMMay 31
to All - Southeastern Collegiate Cycling Conference (SECCC)

Hi SECCC Fam,

Travis Ferguson (UGA) is in touch with Chainbuster Racing. There are a few UGA riders that are stoked to race the Iron Maiden 12/24 race over the summer, myself included. Here's Travis's note below! -------- Hello everyone,

I hope the summer break is treating you well!

My name is Travis Ferguson, UGA Cycling Club alum, and I will be coaching for the upcoming Fall ‘24 - Spring ‘25 school year as I complete my Masters. Several UGA riders are excited to participate in the upcoming Chainbuster 12/24 hour Iron Maiden Race. Although this is a non-USAC race, it is hosted by the generous folks who support us with timing at some of our SECCC events. I've also reached out to members from other teams and come up with an idea to get the conference together on two wheels before school gets back in session.

Currently, we have a couple proposed ideas:

  1. School-Based Teams: Teams from each university will race against each other. These teams must include an alumnus/coach and a female rider, with the remaining spots filled as each team prefers.

  2. Mixed School Teams: All participating riders will have their names drawn randomly to form teams, allowing you to race with members from other universities.

  3. Open to more fun ideas!

The primary goal of joining this event under your school’s colors is to strengthen the community within the conference. Having been the sole racer for a team, I understand how challenging it can be to attend a race and feel unsupported. By fostering a strong community, we aim to encourage growth among riders through friendly competition.  In this un-sanctioned ‘Just-For-Fun’ event, we’re looking forward to seeing our friends before we have to hit the books.

Please fill out the attached Interest Form if you would like to be included on emails about Iron Maiden. We can ‘iron’ out the details soon, including potential discounted entry fees, logistics, and most of all FUN!!

Rubber side down,
Travis Ferguson