SECCC Path Forward

Nicholas Luther

Apr 2, 2024, 12:52:54 PMApr 2
to All - Southeastern Collegiate Cycling Conference (SECCC), Clay Wilderman, Barman, Mike, Tiffany Pellegrino, Nave, Zack
Hello everyone,

It is with a great amount of sadness that I am announcing that I am stepping away as Conference Director for the SECCC. These past 7 years in this role have provided me with some of the best memories I have in and around cycling. From when I started racing in 2010 to now, collegiate cycling in the SECCC is different and I would argue the best in the country.

However, over the past several months I have had to reevaluate my relationship with collegiate cycling. There have been changes in the leadership and direction at USA Cycling that no longer align with my values. The work that has been done in our conference and others will be dismantled leading to disciplines being lost, riders disenfranchised, and our community being eroded.

I have attempted to work alongside others to mold this vision into something that I believed would  be beneficial for all students regardless of their athletic background or geographical location. Unfortunately, these attempts have gone largely unheard or ignored.

I believe that this direction will harm, rather than help, and for that reason I cannot be a part of it.

All future inquiries regarding upgrades, new teams, race events, nationals, and etc should be directed towards USA Cycling.

You will still see me at race events, but as a participant.

I wish you all the best. Ride on.

Nick Luther
Letter of Resignation.pdf