How do you guys do it?

no_regretsx

Jul 16, 2008, 1:07:00 AM7/16/08
to All nighter
What are some tips to stay up all night?

Ben

Jul 17, 2008, 10:58:52 AM7/17/08
to All nighter
There's some always important tips to make it sleepless through the
night. The biggest one is to keep yourself occupied - if your brain is
focused it's less likely to get bored and slip into sleep. Try things
that interest you - it could be exciting computer games, getting
chores done or working on some kind of project.

And whatever you do, don't go to a comfortable sleeping place for
"just a few minutes rest". Sitting down on the couch to take a break
will end up you waking up cursing at 2pm the next (or current) day.

A quote from one of my previous posts, for avoiding "hitting the
wall":
"... try nuts, cereals and anything with lots of protein and minimum
sugar/minimum fat. Carbohydrates will only slow you down. Also I find
that a
brisk period of exercise (i.e. fast walking) and staying cool really
makes a
difference-although for extended periods of sleeplessness this is only
temporary fix. If you get desperate an icy cold shower does the trick
nicely
for 20 minutes or so"

And the best advice of all is to do some "googling" and read up on the
raft of tips and tricks people have put together on the subject of
staying awake longer. Try them and have fun!

I hope you enjoy sleeplessness!

Duke's Retreat

Jul 28, 2008, 1:43:44 PM7/28/08
to All nighter
adderall :)

Ben

Jul 28, 2008, 11:40:17 PM7/28/08
to All nighter
Well yeah, there's the whole trip of doing it whilst on your choice of
substance.

It rocks.