Reminder: All About That Bayes - 22/02/22

All About That Bayes

Feb 21, 2022, 8:06:20 AM2/21/22
to All About That Bayes
Dear all,

We are pleased to remind you that tomorrow (February, 22 at 16:00), we will have the pleasure to listen to Arnaud Guyader who will give a talk "On the Asymptotic Normality of Adaptive Multilevel Splitting" (abstract below).
It will take place at Agroparistech (16 rue Claude Bernard, 75005, Paris) in the Amphitheatre Coléou (don't hesitate to ask at the entrance to find the room).

Kind regards,
The organising team

Abstract: Adaptive Multilevel Splitting (AMS) is a Sequential Monte Carlo method for Markov processes that simulates rare events and estimates associated probabilities. Despite its practical efficiency, there are almost no theoretical results on the convergence of this algorithm. The purpose of this talk is to prove both consistency and asymptotic normality results in a general setting. This is done by associating to the original Markov process a level-indexed process, also called a stochastic wave, and by showing that AMS can then be seen as a Fleming-Viot type particle system. This is a joint work with Frédéric Cérou, Bernard Delyon, and Mathias Rousset.