Heading to the GDC - Half off Sapling Membership!

1 view

brian.t...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2007, 3:54:20 AM3/6/07
to Alky Project Announcements
I just wanted to thank all the $50 patrons of our Sapling program.
Your signups have fully funded our trip to the GDC Wednesday-Friday.
Since we have reached this goal, we are hoping to open up the
availability of the Sapling program, at least for a limited time, at a
50% discount. $25 now buys you access to all of our future
converters.

What converters you may ask? Well, recently, after much deliberation,
we have decided to switch all focus towards implementing DirectX 10
for Linux, Mac OSX, and... Windows XP! 72-78% of home users still use
XP and a strong percentage of those will most likely continue using it
for some time as they don't want and/or need to upgrade to Vista.
That doesn't mean they should do without the great DX10 titles which
will start hitting shelves later this year.

We haven't decided on our first title yet and may not for some time
but are currently working hard to implement the API by working on
demos from the DirectX SDK. We will be releasing converters for these
shortly. We expect to ship our first real converter in the 4th
quarter of this year or the first quarter of next year. After this
groundwork is laid, titles should start flowing more quickly.

We hope many of you will use this opportunity to join us at this early
and exciting point of our development and take advantage of this
limited time, discounted, lifetime membership. Simply visit the
following URL and checkout with the coupon code "gdc":

http://www.fallingleafsystems.com/sapling

Thanks again to all the sapling members out there - we look forward to
seeing many more of you very soon!

-Brian