Fw: The Leaflet - April 2022

Barbara Quattro

Apr 6, 2022, 2:04:09 PM4/6/22
to Alieflife New 2014

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Trees For Houston <treesfo...@mailman.bloomerang-mail.com>
To: Barbara Quattro <bqua...@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 12:57:41 PM CDT
Subject: The Leaflet - April 2022

Taking Root Capital Campaign
Building Our Permanent Home

Nearly 40 years after our inception and two years of planning and fundraising, this April Trees For Houston breaks ground on our permanent home. We are nearing our $9 million goal with help from foundations, corporations, and leadership donors including 100% of our Board of Directors. Now it is time to turn to the larger community to help us cross the finish line, make this vision a reality and build our future home. Join a growing list of project supporters. Be a part of our history and Houston’s legacy. Visit the website link below and watch the campaign video and share this special project with friends and colleagues! Learn more about the future of Trees For Houston >>

April is a very busy month for Trees For Houston. We are proud to be a part of many corporate and neighborhood Earth Day (April 22nd) and National Arbor Day (April 29th) celebrations. This month, we are committed to planting and giving away trees at more than 30 events totaling 10,000+ trees.

We encourage you to drive by one of our upcoming giveaways to pick up and plant your own tree in honor of Earth Day or National Arbor Day! Scroll down to the calendar section for more details. Need tips on how to plant a trees? Take a look at our one-page planting guide >>

For updated events and engagement opportunities, check our website calendar - and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all the additional details. Upcoming events include:

Tree Giveaway in partnership with Greater Northside Management District
Saturday, April 9th from 9am to 11am

White Oak Music Hall -- 2915 N. Main Street - 77009

Species available in 3 gallon containers: American Beautyberry, Buttonbush, Green Ash, Loblolly Pine, Red Maple, and White Oak (of course!)

>>Volunteers needed to hand out trees - SIGN UP

Tree Giveaway in partnership with Texas Roadhouse and Arbor Day Foundation
Saturday, April 9th from 9am to 11am

Texas Roadhouse -- 8575 Memorial Blvd. Port Arthur, TX 77640

Species available in 3 gallon containers: American Beautyberry, Buttonbush, Nuttall Oak, and Pecan

Tree Giveaway in partnership with Lyondell
Saturday, April 23th from 9am to 11am

Location and species information available soon.

Thank you to a record number of supporters, including presenting sponsor Phillips 66, whose participation and contributions made this year's 28th annual Root Ball successful. We are especially grateful to event chairs, Ginnie and Tim McConn and Susannah and Chris Watt, whose leadership helped raise more than $442,000 toward our mission to plant, protect, and promote trees. It was a stunning night to celebrate the many donors and partners who make Trees For Houston’s accomplishments and goals possible. View event photos and media coverage ››

Event chairs (Left to right): Ginnie and Tim McConn, Susannah and Chris Watt

Impact Video

Root Ball Supporters

It's not just you struggling with allergies, we are all in this together. Repeat after us - the good far outweighs the bad. Remember the shade your trees will provide as you wash the yellow pollen off of your vehicle. Check out KHOU 11's news story >>

On Friday, March 18th, Trees For Houston partnered with Cheniere Energy to plant 258 native trees at Veterans Memorial Park in honor of their employees milestone years. It was a beautiful day for volunteers to dig in and make a noticeable impact in this historic park. Last spring, Cheniere Energy helped plant 217 at Veterans Memorial Park. Thank you, Cheniere, for your partnership and passion for spreading Trees For Houston’s mission.

Our Contact Information
Trees For Houston
P.O. Box 270477
Houston, TX 77277