Help Needed

1 view

Barbara Quattro

Apr 8, 2022, 8:56:43 PM4/8/22
to Alieflife New 2014
This is a picture of one of my current fosters (she has pollen all over her face).  At the end of the month, she and her 6 siblings, along with a van load of adult dogs, will be transported to IOWA for adoption there!  Houston has literally thousands of dogs that no one wants and they are living miserable lives on the streets.  It is becoming painfully obvious that we cannot transport and/or adopt our way out of this mess because the stray/dumped dogs problem gets worse by the day.  The only solution is to spay/neuter our pets, which brings me to the "ask."

The Empty Shelter Project (TESP) is coming to Alief on April 23rd.  TESP was here in October 2021 and spayed/neutered and microchipped 300+ animals.  At the April event, they plan to fix 400 animals, all for FREE.   As you can imagine, it takes LOTS of volunteers to do this event.  We need volunteers to help unload/setup on Friday afternoon, start cleaning and repacking on Saturday afternoon, and reload the trucks on Sunday morning.  The crates, tables, and equipment are heavy so it requires able-bodied people to lift them.   If you can help, even if it's for an hour or two, on any of these days, we can get the job done!

Please, Alief people, step up and help.  This is a link to sign up:   The Empty Shelter Project- 4.23.22

Inline image

Barbara Quattro
Puppy Foster
Alief Super Neighborhood Council