Meshroom 2023.2.0 - aliceVision_split360Images.exe

Ryan Lin

Jul 4, 2023, 4:07:18 AM7/4/23
to AliceVision
Hi
I'm very excited to download the latest version released last month. I'm trying to test out the reconstruction result from sliced 360 images.
However, when I got an error message "ALICEVISION_ROOT is not defined, embedded OCIO config file cannot be accessed." when running this command on Windons:
start aliceVision_split360Images.exe -i C:\Desktop\Sliced_360_Imgaes_Input — equirectangularNbSplits 32 -o C:\Desktop\Sliced_360_Imgaes_Output

does anybody know how to address this issue?

Fabien Castan

Jul 4, 2023, 4:54:18 AM7/4/23
to Ryan Lin, AliceVision
Hi,
You should not have this issue if you use the corresponding node in Meshroom.
You can manually define the ALICEVISION_ROOT to the top folder of alicevision (the one with "lib" and "bin" subfolders).
Best,

Ryan Lin

Jul 5, 2023, 5:43:13 AM7/5/23
to Fabien Castan, AliceVision
Thanks Fabien
I addressed this issue by setting up the environment variable of  "ALICEVISION_ROOT", however, I received another error message saying that "Embedded OCIO configuration file: 'C:\Desktop\Meshroom-2023.2.0-win64\Meshroom-2023.2.0/share/aliceVision/config.ocio' cannot be accessed." when running the same command with admin right. What should I do?

Fabien Castan

Jul 5, 2023, 8:49:28 AM7/5/23
to Ryan Lin, Fabien Castan, AliceVision
The ALICEVISION_ROOT should be the root folder of aliceVision:
Meshroom-2023.2.0\aliceVision\share\aliceVision\config.ocio

Jul 28, 2023, 5:48:30 AM7/28/23
to Fabien Castan, Fabien Castan, AliceVision
Hi Fabian
Thanks for your reply, I tried out your approach but still cannot make it work, here is my setting and steps, do you have any ideas where it goes wrong?

1. Setup environment variables ALICEVISION_ROOT for both User and System
image.png

image.png

2. Restart laptop
3. Use command prompt with Admin right to go to "C:\Users\lzlal\OneDrive\Desktop\Meshroom-2023.2.0\aliceVision\bin"
4. Run "aliceVision_split360Images.exe -i C:\Users\lzlal\OneDrive\Desktop\MBC30_Sliced_360_Imgaes_Input — equirectangularNbSplits 32 -o C:\Users\lzlal\OneDrive\Desktop\MBC30_Sliced_360_Imgaes_Output"
5.  I still got the same error message "[0x00001cf0] [error]   Embedded OCIO configuration file: 'C:\Users\lzlal\OneDrive\Desktop\Meshroom-2023.2.0/share/aliceVision/config.ocio' cannot be accessed."

Ryan Lin

Aug 1, 2023, 5:47:24 AM8/1/23
to AliceVision
The problem is resolved. I misunderstood the meaning of root folder, thanks Fabien.

Scott Howard

Jan 27, 2024, 7:45:10 AMJan 27
to AliceVision
I am having the same issue. What exactly is the root folder supposed to be set to?
Message has been deleted

Marius Putrimas

May 24, 2024, 3:32:34 AMMay 24
to AliceVision
I can't figure out what I need to do with this ALICEVISION_ROOT... How to set this location?  I want to use this aliceVision_split360Images.exe file..

Marius Putrimas

May 24, 2024, 3:33:17 AMMay 24
to AliceVision
Hi Scott, did you found the solution?

Yuzheng K

Jul 9, 2024, 3:52:55 PMJul 9
to AliceVision
Hi Marius,

You can setup the environmental variable from Windows Settings - System -  About - Advanced system settings - Environmental Variable. As Ryan shows you should add ALICEVISION_ROOT to the variables, make sure the path end up with Meshroom\Meshroom-2023.3.0\aliceVision.