Creating a tif file

Jonathon Farfoud

Mar 12, 2024, 1:30:06 PMMar 12
to AliceVision
Hello,
I have uploaded all my photos from my drone and processed all of them with the standard links that are set when you first open the program. Everything went well and there were no error, however i cant seem to figure out a way to export this project as a tif. file, if that even possible for this software. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.
Also i would like the tif file to be an image of the project from the top-down pov and i cant seem to find a way to snap my image to the top-down pov.
Thank you,
Jonathon Farfoud

Chris Clawson

Mar 15, 2024, 9:47:39 AMMar 15
to AliceVision

Meshroom is not really designed to produce 2D images of it's reconstructions. The finished product from Meshroom will be an object file (obj) and image textures to 'paint' the 3D mesh object. This finished work may be found in the /MeshroomCache/Texturing/############# folder. The Meshroom Cache will be located in the same directory as your Meshroom (.mg) project file. These folders inside the /Texturing directory have randomly assigned numbers and new numbered directories are created every time you perform a new reconstruction. Look inside the most recent numbered directory for your most recent reconstruction. Use a 3D modeling program (like Blender) to import the .obj file into a new project (inside of Blender). Importing the .obj directly from this folder will bring both the mesh and all the image textures into the Blender 3D project. Inside of Blender, you may then light, pose and render any kind of image you wish.