How to avoid incorrect feature matching

Wouter Molevelt

May 6, 2024, 2:23:57 AMMay 6
to alice...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After smaller projects I just finished my first building and I am really happy with
the result. I already know there is always little fixes to make in the final results and
prior to learning about Photogrammetry I already had done a lot of Blender modelling so no problem there. Since I also teach STEAM and also for my own understanding I have a question that is raised by wrong placement of photos in the SFM phase. This gives some
really weird texturing and I guess the only way to fix for now is taking the wrongly placed
photos out of the data set. But since I like what I can do with this, and also to explain to others is there any must-do's while shooting the footage? I have a basic understanding of SFM and the math behind and have no problem with having to dive in deeper if needed.

From what I can see in the result it seems like straight lines are the most difficult also in the phases afterwards. For the next project I will try as many semi-circle and dome shape shooting as I possibly can with the drone. Since seemingly that works best.

thanks in advance!!

Just to give you an idea:
image.png
the buildings cover about 40m x 40m

Best regards,

Wouter Molevelt

btw: I use the latest CL version since I have a radion gfx card (no CUDA).