From 3D scene to Meshroom

Corrado Borean

Aug 9, 2021, 4:27:29 PM8/9/21
to AliceVision
Hi there, new to the software.
I want to use Meshroom in a non orthodox way.
I will try to describe my intended process:
1-I have a series of heavy CAD models in Maya, they were used to create product images and videos.
2-I want to use the Maya scene as a scanning set, using custom views to cover the entire sides of the models. From maya I'm going to export the rendered images in exr, the camera features in Alembic and also other data if Meshroom is able to digest them (e.g. the depth map for each view, the 3D position for each pixel as well as the normals).
3-Import all the data in Meshroom, generate the mesh and textures, than export them.

It seems a futile exercise but, in my particular case, this will enable me to have an output with fewer polygons and the lighting of my 3D scene baked in the textures.

My questions are:
-is it possible to feed all the extra data to Meshroom?
 camera position and orientation, sensor size and focal length in an Alembic file
 depth map, position and normal pass inside multiple exr files for each view
-has Meshroom the ability to process those inputs and give them a high confidence without too much filtering (images and data from the 3D scene are precise in position and have no distortion)

If you have answers or suggestions please leave me a comment
Also if you had previous experience in one of the above steps, please share
Thanks