A place to collect and share notes?

ben.r...@gmail.com

May 31, 2021, 3:01:11 PM5/31/21
to AliceVision
I'd like to share what I learn about meshroom as I learn it.  The official manual and Wiki are too formal for these kinds of notes in my opinion.  In these resources, would I be able to share a factoid like "I find that setting x to 30 can cause some instability in y"?  I don't think so.

For example, look at the documentation of the Meshing Node.

I've worked with scientific software, and I get how a dev would end up giving these terse explanations.

If I go ahead and read the papers or play with the settings, I would like to share my "layman's" explanations.  Is there a way I can do that?  Can we do that as a community?

Sim

Jul 4, 2021, 5:41:44 AM7/4/21
to AliceVision
Hi, you are welcome to share your thoughts here: https://github.com/alicevision/meshroom-manual/discussions
At the moment the manual and wiki is formal, because most parts of it are based on source code comments and technical documentation.
I prefer this kind of documentation to no documentation and I am working to improve it over time.
Community contributions are most welcome but sadly rare.
So I´d be happy to integrate your  "layman's" explanations into the documentation if it is a fit.