Tiredness after episodes

Kayleigh Muttschall

Apr 23, 2018, 4:45:40 PM4/23/18
to Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
I'm 15 and just about to take my GCSEs. I've suffered from AIWS as far back as I can remember, and each time it happens exhausts me. My brain just turns off - wondering if this is the same for others and if so has anyone found a way around it? I'm a little worried I could have an episode just before an exam next month and ruin my chances at passing. Any feedback appreciated :)

Rik Hemsley

Apr 24, 2018, 5:21:39 PM4/24/18
to alice-in-wonde...@googlegroups.com
I used to be utterly exhausted by dealing with it too. The only advice I can give is to try to avoid worry about it, as if it doesn’t happen just before the exam and you spent your time worrying, you might end up with a similar consequence even though nothing happened.

If you are less likely to have an episode by avoiding, say, over tiredness, then it might serve you better to just ensure you look after yourself and relax

Good luck!

Rik