i think i have AIWS

Hannah West

May 9, 2017, 8:39:29 AM5/9/17
to Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
I am currently 17 years old, from when I was about 5 started getting symptons, it would happen when I was trying to fall asleep, my hands would look huge and I got the feel of them were huge too, the room would seem big too like all the walls were really far aware and I could reach them. a couple years on it got worse so much so it felt my arms and legs were just as big as my hands, and the walls would either seem like they were really close or really far away. I would freak me out and scare me.
I still get it now sometimes not as often as I did but it is still at that level.

is this AWIS or just my mind playing tricks?

when will it stop?

dparvin99

May 9, 2017, 10:50:19 AM5/9/17
to Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
Hi Hannah

Sounds very much like my experiences with AIWS that started for me when I was mid teens. I am now 36 and very rarely get the sensation but it has not stopped.

Daniel