Just discovered this

Jordan Washburn

Nov 28, 2017, 2:16:04 PM11/28/17
to Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
I have experienced this my entire life. I always thought it was just me and I am so glad to find others. I am 23, but I still experience the symptoms and they seem to be worsening. I get really scared when it happens and it takes me a while to calm back down. I see a doctor in a few days due to the growing occurrences.

Rik Hemsley

Nov 29, 2017, 5:15:22 PM11/29/17
to alice-in-wonde...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Jordan,

I hope you find some way to lessen the symptoms but whether you do or not, please try to understand that they aren’t dangerous. I find it helps if I think about them as if they were like a sore throat or nausea. Possibly very irritating but nothing to fear.

I know there is a certain inherent scariness when your very perception is being twisted, but this helps me anyway, so thought I’d share.

Rik
On Tue, 28 Nov 2017 at 7:16 pm, Jordan Washburn <jwash...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have experienced this my entire life. I always thought it was just me and I am so glad to find others. I am 23, but I still experience the symptoms and they seem to be worsening. I get really scared when it happens and it takes me a while to calm back down. I see a doctor in a few days due to the growing occurrences.

Julia McClenon

Nov 29, 2017, 8:24:47 PM11/29/17
to alice-in-wonde...@googlegroups.com
Welcome, Jordan!
I always thought it was just me, too. It is so relieving to hear others' stories and descriptions of symptoms even when they're different from yours. That helped me for some reason feel less scared about my own symptoms.
Remember, try turning the lights on if it happens at bedtime, or turning them off if they're already on. Sometimes the sudden change in environment helps shake us out of it. Also always remember you are not alone - you are not alone - we get it.
Good luck to you.