STAAR Test Next Week

1 view

Mr. Jim Dang

May 1, 2013, 3:48:02 PM5/1/13
to algebra1...@googlegroups.com

Dear Parents and Guardians:

First, please accept my apologies for the non-periodic e-mails lately.

As you might have guessed, I am doing my best to prepare your child for the upcoming standardized STAAR/EOC Math test this upcoming Monday and Tuesday.  Your child just recently took a Mock STAAR test this week and the grades are now online.  However, as you may see, it is weighted ZERO.  Hence, it will not affect your child's average in any way and it is a raw score.  We are going through it heavily this week in hopes to spur up some review for the mandated state test.  Your child will also receive the practice test this weekend to use it as an aid.

For more practice, feel free to direct your child to this link: http://www.dangmath.com/algebra-i-staareoc-practice.html The page has some practice problems links and quick tips in being successful for the preparation of the standardized test.

The state passing rate for the EOC Algebra I is 27 out of 54 or a scaled score of 3750.  My goal is to get them to 42 out of 54 (distinguished) level.

For Sunday and Monday night, I urge your child to get plenty of rest and have a good breakfast.  We also ask them to be on time, as the test is allotted a total of 4 hours.  We can provide TI-calculators, if they choose not to bring their own.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jim Dang