Test 3-1 and 3-2

Mr. Jim Dang

Nov 19, 2012, 10:12:34 AM11/19/12
to algebra1...@googlegroups.com
Dear Parents and Guardians:

As I speak for myself, I am definitely looking forward to the holidays.  I wanted to write to you and keep you informed of what is going on in Algebra 1.

Your child's next Algebra I Test 3-1 is on Wednesday, November 28 for Red Day and Thursday, November 29 for Gray Day.  The topics will include writing equations in slope-intercept form, point-slope form, and writing equations in parallel and perpendicular slopes.

For Test 3-2, the tentative dates are on Wednesday, December 12 for Red Day and Thursday, December 13 for Gray Day.The topics will include multiple representations of linear functions, scatter plots, and graphing inequalities.

Notes and PowerPoint presentations are available online, through my website at www.dangmath.com

There is also a lot of concern with the benchmark.  As of now, the questions we covered will be counted as a quiz grade.  I have not received the grades yet but will figure things out when the time arises.  Please do not be alarmed with your child's benchmark grade.  We will go over the benchmark soon, as a way of review for the EOC.

My tutoring times are Tuesday and Thursdays during lunch and Friday mornings at 7:15am.  No appointment is necessary.  There is no tutoring this week (per Thanksgiving).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Have a great week.

Have a great holiday,
Jim Dang