Test 2.1 information

1 view

Mr. Jim Dang

Oct 8, 2012, 9:58:25 AM10/8/12
to algebra1...@googlegroups.com
Dear Parents and Guardians:

I hope everyone is doing well.

Our next test will cover Chapter 4.1 to 4.4, which starts the linear equations and establishing slope unit.  They will take the test on Thursday, October 18 on Red Day and Friday, October 19th on Gray day.  They will be establishing the identification of a linear function, determining slope through two points, and creating an equation.

As a matter of information, I will not be available on Thursday, October 11 and Friday, October 12 in class.  I will not be able to answer any e-mails at that time.  I will return on Monday. In the meantime, during my absence, your child will be completing an in-class project that is a quiz grade.  If you would like to preview the project, it is available on my website at dangmath.com

After this test, your child will start using graphing calculators.  Please do not worry about purchasing one.  We do have a school set of calculators for them to borrow at school only.  If you would are planning on purchasing a graphing calculator, TI-83 to TI-84 plus are highly recommended.  I know that the school store does have them available but I am unsure of the price.

As always, thank you for being so supportive of your child.  If you have any additional questions, please let me know.  You can definitely reach me (except for the weekend on October 11-14) at vd...@houstonisd.org.

Thanks,
Jim Dang