Test 1.1 and Quiz Update

Mr. Jim Dang

Sep 7, 2012, 8:44:35 AM9/7/12
to algebra1...@googlegroups.com
Dear Parents and Guardians:

I want you to be the first to know that we are adjusting the schedule for a little bit.  This is due to time factors.

The test next week will cover Chapters 1.1 to What's my Rule? (1.5) and Distribution Property (2.5).

Later today, I will put your child's quiz grade in the gradebook but I don't want you to be alarmed.  They will receive it today or Monday.  There are two options to help improve your child's grade.  First, there will be "quiz corrections."  On a separate sheet of paper in pencil, they will have to rewrite the question, show and CHECK their work.  Then, they must write in two complete sentences of why they missed it.  If they complete the necessary steps, they can earn up to half their points back.  For example, if they got an 80 on the quiz, the grade will be changed to a 90.  All quiz corrections are due on test day, when your child walks in.  No late quiz corrections will be accepted.

That being said, I am also reteaching Chapter 2.5: Distribution Property to every student.  I will re-quiz all students on Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.  They will also earn up to 20 additional points on top of their quiz score.  Hence, they can earn a score of more than a 100.

I am in the process of adding additional people to the list so please be patient with me if you are reading this on the blog.  I am in contact with Google Groups and trying to get that problem resolved.

Plus, of course, thank you for being so supportive of your child.  If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim Dang