ALGA - Update

Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives

May 4, 2020, 4:22:40 AM5/4/20
to Announcements List

Dear ALGA supporters and friends

We hope you are all safe and well.

We are excited to announce that we have entered into the first step in our tenancy agreement with the Victorian Pride Centre and are looking forward to being part of this great initiative. The move to the VPC will provide us with a home for the collection, a dedicated reading room and opportunities to highlight and celebrate our shared histories.

Click on the links below to see us receiving our ceremonial key from VPC Chair Jude Munro:

Ceremonial Key Handover

We remain incredibly thankful to Thorne Harbour Health (formerly VAC) who have provided accommodation for the Archives for many years and look forward to an ongoing relationship with all at THH.

You can also find an update on our website in regards to our name change consultation progress so far - click on the link below:

Name Change

We have been busy on a few projects this year including our Project with Heritage Victoria identifying '100 Places & Objects of Significance to Victorian LGBTIQ+ communities' and our 'Building Digital Capability Project' which will soon see us launch a new website.

Thanks for your ongoing support and we look forward to keeping you updated on all our projects and our move to the VPC in late 2020.

Warm regards

Angela Bailey

ALGA President on behalf of the ALGA Committee

Australian Lesbian & Gay Archives Inc

e: ma...@alga.org.au
w: alga.org.au
a: PO Box 124, Parkville, VIC 3052