Reminder - Name Change Consultation 'Discussion Forums'

Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives

Sep 17, 2019, 4:33:54 PM9/17/19
to Announcements List

Dear ALGA supporter

Just a reminder we have some Discussion Forums coming up to enable the community to come together in conversation to explore the name change in more detail. The format for each will centre around facilitated small discussion groups, to encourage all attendees to have their voices heard. The online survey has recently closed so the forums present another opportunity to contribute to the discussion.

The sessions are scheduled for:

Friday 20 September 1-3pm              Kathleen Syme Centre, 51 Faraday St, Carlton VIC 3053

(please allow extra time in travelling to this session due to the 'Extinction Rebellion' protest in the CBD.)

Saturday 21 September  2-4pm        Hares and Hyenas, 63 Johnston St, Fitzroy VIC 3065

How to Attend:

Please register your interest to attend by rsvping to  ma...@alga.org.au. Please use 'Discussion Forum' in the subject heading and in the email which session you would like to attend.

Following the Discussion Forums, the ALGA Committee will collate all of the outputs from the Online Survey and the Discussion Forums into a written report. This report will present the feedback that has been gathered through our consultative process and we will then make recommendations about the next steps involved in this process

For those outside Melbourne who may wish to have the opportunity to discuss the process further please email us at ma...@alga.org.au and we will arrange someone from the Committee to contact you.

Thanks for your ongoing support and apologies for any cross-posting.

Kind regards

Angela Bailey

ALGA President

--