Invitation to the launch of A History of LGBTIQ+ Victoria in 100 Places and Objects

Graham Willett

Feb 19, 2021, 5:50:03 PM2/19/21
to Announcements List, alga-commit...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

You are invited to the (online) launch of the report A History of LGBTIQ+ Victoria in 100 Places and Objects on Monday 1 March 2021, 6:30-7:30pm. This launch date coincides with the 40th anniversary of the decriminalisation of homosexual acts in Victoria in 1981.

A History of LGBTIQ+ Victoria was commissioned by Heritage Victoria and prepared by the Australian Queer Archives (AQuA). It identifies 100 objects, places and collections of significance to Victoria’s LGBTIQ+ communities, bringing to life the experiences of queer and gender diverse people from the 1830s onwards across Melbourne and regional Victoria.

The launch will be conducted via a Zoom Webinar and you will need to register in advance. Please click on the link here to register for this event:

https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OYOmqGBXRbuf_bxxy06Htw

At the launch, contributing authors will showcase the report and there will be a reflection on the significance of the 40th anniversary of Victoria’s decriminalisation of homosexual acts.

If you are one of the over 150 people who made a submission or suggestions to this project during the community consultation process, we thank you!

Please circulate this invitation throughout your networks. We look forward to seeing you there.

Best,