Welcome!

Mr. Jim Dang

Aug 31, 2012, 10:41:22 AM8/31/12
to alg2preap...@googlegroups.com
Hello parents and guardians,

My name is Jim Dang and I am your child’s Algebra II Pre-AP teacher at HSPVA.

To share a little about myself, I am entering my 8th year of teaching High School math.  I taught this course for the last six years at Atascocita High School in Humble ISD.  I also teach a similar course at Lone Star College in Kingwood.  I am pursing a master's degree in Math through Sam Houston State University.  I am very excited to be your child’s math teacher this year.

This purpose of these bi-monthly e-mails is to inform you of what is going on with this course and upcoming dates.  I will tell you that this course is very demanding and rigorous.  However, if your child is dedicated and works hard, he or she will do perfectly fine.

We will have two quizzes in the next two weeks.  Your child will have the option to complete quiz corrections.  The details will be given to them next week.  In short, your child will have to fill out a form and present a new question.  If they complete the process, they can earn half credit for each missed question.

If your child has not completed their information page or add/like me on Facebook or Twitter (Professional page only), please remind them to do so by next week.  The link is available on my webpage.  Also, supplies are also due next week.

The first test of the first six weeks is Thursday, September 13 for Red Day and Friday, September 14th for Gray Day.  The test is all non-calculator.  My tutoring times are Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch and Friday mornings at 7:15am.

I am also looking forward to meeting many of you during Open House.

As always, you can visit my website at http://www.dangmath.com to get upcoming lessons.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at vd...@houstonisd.org

Sincerely,
Jim Dang
This conversation is locked