Test 1.2 and Upcoming Events

Mr. Jim Dang

Sep 19, 2012, 10:46:34 AM9/19/12
to alg2preap...@googlegroups.com
Dear Parents and Guardians:

As we are heading the home stretch of the first six weeks, I want you to be aware of couple of dates.

Your child's next Algebra I test is on Friday, September 28 for Red Day and Monday, October 1 for Gray Day.  Your child identifying and graphing linear equations.  The test will consist of two 50-point tests (which equals one full test grade).  For most students, they will be taking a 50-point non-graphing calculator test first and then another 50-point graphing calculator test after they turn in the first part of the test.  The premise of splitting the tests is for students to A) graph without an aid of a graphing calculator and B) prepare them for college-level math where many courses do not allow them to use a TI-calculator.  The second half of test will allow them to answer real-life application problems where a graphing calculator is necessary for them to help solve the problem.

As always, most of the topics are available online, through my website at www.dangmath.com

My tutoring times are Tuesday and Thursdays during lunch and Friday mornings at 7:15am.  No appointment is necessary.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,
Jim Dang