Add on the application of a new language

Nisreen Qabbani

Aug 23, 2016, 4:51:34 PM8/23/16
to Alfresco Translators

I have a question

Add on the application of a new language http://alf-trans.ossportal.org/
Followed by alfresco community  on the operating system windows server
Because he did not work in spite of my followers accompanying steps
Gratefully

Younes REGAIEG

Aug 24, 2016, 10:57:16 AM8/24/16
to Alfresco Translators
Nisreen,

It is hardly possible to assist you with your request when you provide too little informations.
Can you specify which language were you trying to install, what did you do exactly to install it, and what was the result?

Regards,
Younes

Nisreen Qabbani

Aug 26, 2016, 2:25:57 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators

Thank you so much
For your response

Currently you installing alfresco  community  version 5
on windows server 8 R2

Add your Arabic language files
On path
tomcat / shared / lib
Then you
Restart Alfresco

But any change does not happen
It remained on the default status
Regards,

Younes REGAIEG

Aug 26, 2016, 3:18:54 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators
Nisreen,

First of all, you should be aware that the default locale resolver within alfresco does rely on your browse locale for language detection, so if your browser is set to ask for en_US first for example, alfresco detects that and renders all string in English-US locale.
You can either tweak your browser setting to use arabic locale or use some browser add-on for language switching to be able to see alfresco in Arabic, and if you are using chrome, you could check out this add-on.
If you which to switch language on a more permanent basis: Force Arabic language to be used every where in alfresco; then you should have your devs extend alfresco overriding DefaultLocaleResolver to always use Arabic for example, or maybe rely on some cookie parameter first then fallback to browser setting.

You should also manage your expectations: Arabic bundle for alfresco is not officially supported by alfresco, and even though there is and there has been a good community effort invested there, still there is a lot more to be done in order to fully support and translate all strings, support RTL script....

Regards,

cid:image001.jpg@01CF0C95.81F91980

 Younes Regaieg

Ingénieur R&D ECM

M  + 216 21 229 878

T + 216 71 19 46 62 | F + 216 71 19 46 63
www.archiveyourdocs.com

Nisreen Qabbani

Aug 26, 2016, 6:36:50 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators
Thank you very much for your help
I'm you add the Arabic language without any problems on Windows7
But the problems on the windows server 8 Rev

But I want to clarify more if possible, what exactly do
After the preparation of any browser What should I do exactly?'

Gratefully
NISREEN

Younes REGAIEG

Aug 26, 2016, 6:50:11 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators
Nisreen,

I can hardly follow what you are saying, could you maybe elaborate more? or use an alternate language? French maybe? or Arabic ?

Regards,

cid:image001.jpg@01CF0C95.81F91980

 Younes Regaieg

Ingénieur R&D ECM

M  + 216 21 229 878

T + 216 71 19 46 62 | F + 216 71 19 46 63
www.archiveyourdocs.com

Nisreen Qabbani

Aug 26, 2016, 7:00:06 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators

I want to explain more of the steps that must be followed in addition to the Arabic language on the alfresco community5 system

after adding
The browser What should I do

Thank you so much

اريد توضيح اكثر للخطوات التي يجب اتباعها للاضافة اللغة العربية على نظام

بعد اضافة
الى متصفح ماذا يجب انا افعل

شكرا جزيلا

Younes REGAIEG

Aug 26, 2016, 7:33:43 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators
You can do as follow:

1- Right click on the new icon next to the address bar, and select options
2- Check the Arabic locale available from the list, or add your own locale and enable it.

Then the page will be refreshed, and alfresco share will be rendered with arabic strings !

Nisreen Qabbani

Aug 26, 2016, 11:35:00 AM8/26/16
to Alfresco Translators
Thank you so much