Translation of strings in new Alfresco Products

Richard Esplin

Mar 10, 2018, 11:33:05 PM3/10/18
to Alfresco Translators
We have received a number of inquiries into the translation process for the newer Alfresco products, such as Alfresco Process Services and the Application Development Framework applications.

All of these products are already localized into the languages that are officially supported by Alfresco.

We plan to assist with community translations by making it easier to upload the strings to CrowdIn, but we need to schedule the work to automate the process so that it happens as a regular part of development.

The strings for Alfresco Content Services 6.0 should be available with the Early Access program in April. At that point, it sounds like Markus and Oksana are going to reorganize the strings in CrowdIn which will make it less confusing when we add additional products like Alfresco Process Services.

In the meantime, here is the documentation for localizing the Alfresco Sample Content Application:

https://alfresco.github.io/alfresco-content-app/#/i18n

This provides a good guide for translating all of the Angular based ADF applications.

Thank you for your efforts.

-- Richard