REMOVE ALFRESCO SHARE FROM EMAIL SUBJECT TITLE

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2019, 2:51:09 AM1/28/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day All,

I would please like to find out, how i can remove "Alfresco share:" from the subject title of the default email invite.

I have removed it from the body of the email template but i want to remove it from the subject title.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards,

Ejike

Jeff Potts

Jan 28, 2019, 9:54:29 AM1/28/19
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried setting:

activities.feed.notifier.email.subject=Your Choice of Subject

In a properties file?

Jeff

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2019, 3:28:33 PM1/28/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Hi Jeff,

Please where do i find this properties file?

I currently use the Alfresco Community 5.0d.

I look forward to your kind response.

Regards

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:51 AM <blueflame....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day All,

I would please like to find out, how i can remove "Alfresco share:" from the subject title of the default email invite.

I have removed it from the body of the email template but i want to remove it from the subject title.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards,

Ejike

Faizur Rahaman

Jan 29, 2019, 7:17:52 AM1/29/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion

Hi,

You may have to create activities-service.xml  in the below location

tomcat\webapps\alfresco\WEB-INF\classes\alfresco\messages

and add the following line & save

activities.feed.notifier.email.subject= CUSTOM_SUBJECT

Replace CUSTOM_SUBJECT with your message

Regards

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2019, 2:39:44 PM1/29/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day Faizur,

This is what is in the messages folder in Alfresco Community 5.0d.

Find attached in the word document.

I can't find the "activities-service.xml" in the messages folder.

Regards,

Ejike
Tomcat_messages Folder.docx

Faizur Rahaman

Jan 30, 2019, 7:19:22 AM1/30/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
You have to create the file activities-service.xml and if you are using different locale like english then you have create one more file with name
activities-service_en.xml and the line as mentioned below

activities.feed.notifier.email.subject= CUSTOM_SUBJECT

blueflame....@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2019, 9:28:59 AM2/4/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day Jeff,

I still await your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Ejike

On Monday, January 28, 2019 at 3:54:29 PM UTC+1, Jeff Potts wrote:
Have you tried setting:

activities.feed.notifier.email.subject=Your Choice of Subject

In a properties file?

Jeff

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:51 AM <blueflame....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day All,

I would please like to find out, how i can remove "Alfresco share:" from the subject title of the default email invite.

I have removed it from the body of the email template but i want to remove it from the subject title.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards,

Ejike

blueflame....@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2019, 9:30:13 AM2/4/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Hi Faizur,

Is it possible for me to get a template for creating "activities-service.xml" file from you, so i can create mine.

I look forward to your kind response.

Regards,

Ejike

Jeff Potts

Feb 5, 2019, 1:07:55 PM2/5/19
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Ejike,

Try this:

1. Generate a fresh project using SDK 3.0.1 called "notify-test".
2. Create a file called activities-feed-context.xml under the following directory structure (create if it does not exist): integration-tests/src/test/resources/alfresco/subsystems/ActivitiesFeed/default/
3. Populate the file with:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
    <bean id="activitiesResourceBundles" class="org.alfresco.i18n.ResourceBundleBootstrapComponent">
       <property name="resourceBundles">
          <list>
             <value>alfresco.extension.messages.activities-service</value>
             <value>alfresco.messages.activities-service</value>
             <value>alfresco.messages.activity-list</value>
             <value>alfresco.messages.slingshot</value>
          </list>
       </property>
    </bean>
</beans>

4. Now create a file called activities-service.properties under the following directory structure (create if it does not exist): notify-test-platform-jar/src/main/resources/alfresco/extension/messages/
5. Populate the file with:

### Invitation email subject override ###
invitation.invitesender.email.subject=CUSTOM SUBJECT: You have been invited to join the {1} site
invitation.notification.person.email.subject=CUSTOM SUBJECT: Your New Account
invitation.invitesender.emailAddDirect.subject=CUSTOM SUBJECT: You have been added to the {1} site

### Activities feed E-mail notifier ###
activities.feed.notifier.email.subject=CUSTOM FEED NOTIFY SUBJECT

6. Edit notify-test-platform-jar/src/main/resources/alfresco/module/notify-test-platform-jar/alfresco-global.properties
7. Add the following that file (change your outbound mail settings as appropriate):

## Outbound email settings
mail.host=localhost
mail.port=25
mail.protocol=smtp

### Activities feed E-mail notifier ###
activities.feed.max.size=100
activities feed.max.ageMins=44640
activities.feed.notifier.startDelayMins=${system.cronJob.startDelayMinutes}
activities.feed.notifier.cronExpression=0 0/10 * 1/1 * ? *
activities.feed.notifier.enabled=true

8. Now run the project with ./run.sh

This will start up Alfresco using an embedded Tomcat and will start running the activities feed notifier every ten minutes.

You should see that messages will now have the custom subject.

Jeff

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 8:29 AM <blueflame....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day Jeff,

I still await your response.

Thanks and Regards,

Ejike

On Monday, January 28, 2019 at 3:54:29 PM UTC+1, Jeff Potts wrote:
Have you tried setting:

activities.feed.notifier.email.subject=Your Choice of Subject

In a properties file?

Jeff

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 7:51 AM <blueflame....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day All,

I would please like to find out, how i can remove "Alfresco share:" from the subject title of the default email invite.

I have removed it from the body of the email template but i want to remove it from the subject title.

I look forward to your responses.

Regards,

Ejike

Kristen Gastaldo

Feb 10, 2019, 4:27:45 PM2/10/19
to Alfresco Technical Discussion

Hi - Can you post this question in our community? You should find help there.

https://community.alfresco.com