I need to create a model like a sql table

Yusén Manchego

Feb 15, 2018, 6:34:07 PM2/15/18
to Alfresco Technical Discussion

I need to create a model  like a sql table

I need to create a model for cities that contains only the fields id, city name, like a sql table but without creating a file in repository that is not inheriting any Alfresco model (content, folder, etc).

I can do that? or it is obligatory to inherit from the Alfresco models

Douglas C. R. Paes

Feb 15, 2018, 7:50:06 PM2/15/18
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
You don't necessarily have to extend cm:content or cm:folder.
If you don't need a content, then you can simply extend from cm:object.

Douglas C. R. Paes

Jeff Potts

Feb 16, 2018, 9:57:37 AM2/16/18
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Douglas, these are informally called "content-less objects". If you create them as Douglas described and you use CMIS 1.1, you'll see them as instances of CMIS "items".

You can also use data lists and data list items for this. The advantage of using data lists is that the Alfresco Share interface can manage them.

And, you could just create a table in a database. But then the UI for managing those would be up to you.

Em qui, 15 de fev de 2018 às 21:34, Yusén Manchego <yusenm...@gmail.com> escreveu:

I need to create a model  like a sql table

I need to create a model for cities that contains only the fields id, city name, like a sql table but without creating a file in repository that is not inheriting any Alfresco model (content, folder, etc).

I can do that? or it is obligatory to inherit from the Alfresco models

Douglas C. R. Paes

Yusén Manchego

Feb 20, 2018, 8:59:58 AM2/20/18
to Alfresco Technical Discussion