We want to use in-place bulk import to migrate data from documentum to alfresco.. can we do it

Anupindi RaviShankar

Dec 13, 2016, 3:41:52 AM12/13/16
to Alfresco Bulk Import Tool
Hi ,
we are having the licensed alfresco enterprise edition and want to migrate around 100TB of data from documentum to ALfresco using in-place bulk import. Having read in-place bulk import seems like we need to mount the documentum filesystem which is accessible to in-place bulk import tool and once it is available this tool can really migrate the data is very less time.
Is my understanding correct and if not what all factors we need to consider to use this tool for this migration

Thanks
Ravi

Deepak R

Aug 24, 2017, 1:57:45 PM8/24/17
to Alfresco Bulk Import Tool

This should work if you are not interested to carry and Metadata from DCTM. Also remember this tool does not migrate your permission, relations and the DCTM specific objects. This is good for migrating raw content.