Can Alfresco Bulk Import tool be triggered for content already in S3?

DM

May 1, 2017, 8:44:10 AM5/1/17
to Alfresco Bulk Import Tool
Hi,

I have close to 50M documents already on S3.
Is there a way to trigger bulk import to import already existing content on S3?

Thanks

Peter Monks

May 1, 2017, 7:43:46 PM5/1/17
to alfresco-bulk-f...@googlegroups.com
G'day Darmin,

Out of the box you'd need to surface the S3 content via a fileystem of some kind (e.g. EBS or EFS), so that the tool is able to read it via standard Java (POSIX) file I/O.  The tool would then physically copy the content into whatever storage system you've configured Alfresco to use.

Alternatively, you could implement a custom BulkImportSource that would read S3 directly (this could also support "in place" imports, if your Alfresco contentstore is also in S3).  Symflofy (who embed the bulk import tool in their software) have implemented this, but I don't believe they've open sourced it (there've been some recent email threads here discussing this).

Cheers,
Peter