Generate .WAR File

Nicholas Anderson

Oct 21, 2019, 9:42:04 PM10/21/19
to alfio
I've made some changes of my own to the Alf.io code that I'd like to use just for my site which is hosted on Heroku. When I go to generate the .war file and upload it to Heroku, it fails. Other than a few changes I made to some language files, my .war is identical to alfio-2.0-m1-1909-boot.war. How are you guys generating the .war file so I can replicate it?

Celestino Bellone

Oct 22, 2019, 3:21:58 PM10/22/19
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicholas,

thank you for using alf.io!

The easiest way to rebuild the war is:

  1. fork the alf.io repository on github
  2. switch to the https://github.com/alfio-event/alf.io/tree/2.0-M1-maintenance branch
  3. modify the code/language files in your fork, then run in a terminal: ./gradlew clean build
  4. go to the build/libs directory, where you'll find the new war file
  5. deploy on Heroku
  6. Consider contributing back to the alf.io project by doing a Pull Request or by editing the language files directly on PoEditor https://poeditor.com/join/project/ttBYTmPYdr )

let me know if this solves your issue

thanks!