Error when launching pgsql

pris...@gmail.com

May 3, 2020, 9:17:43 PM5/3/20
to alfio
Hello,

I got an error message when I run
./gradlew startEmbeddedPgSQL

The error occured on file build.gradle, at this line:

return EmbeddedPostgres.class.getResourceAsStream(format("/postgresql-%s-%s.txz", system, machineHardware));

I'm sorry, I'm new at this. Any idea what to fix?

I'm using ubuntu 19.04 and psql 12.1

Thank you so much.

Celestino Bellone

May 4, 2020, 2:36:21 PM5/4/20
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you for choosing alf.io for your course!

Can you confirm that you can run

./gradlew clean build

without issues?

Additionally, you are mentioning that you have already PostgreSQL on your machine.
Please check if the service is already running (i.e. if the port 5432 is already in use), as this would prevent the startEmbeddedPgSQL from starting up (they both try to listen on 5432 .

If you have already PostgreSQL running on your machine:

you can connect alf.io to your own instance.

Our default credentials are: postgres/password. Please check that the configuration is compatible with your PostgreSQL installation: https://github.com/alfio-event/alf.io/blob/master/build.gradle#L86 . If not, please update the information on build.gradle file.
Please make sure to create an empty database named "alfio"
Then you can start the application by running

./gradlew :bootRun

If you don't have PostgreSQL running on your machine

Some other things to check:

- please make sure that you are running gradlew using a JDK 11 (java -version)
- please run ./gradlew startEmbeddedPgSQL --stacktrace and post the complete output here

thanks
Celestino

Message has been deleted

pris...@gmail.com

May 4, 2020, 10:06:30 PM5/4/20
to alfio
Hi Celestino,
Thank you for reaching out.

It turns out I haven't update the credentials information on build.gradle file. So I can't run it on my machine before. When I run ./gradlew startEmbeddedPgSQL still failed, but I guess I didn't need it anymore.

I'm really sorry to bother you...

Thank you very much for your help. Have a good day.

Pristi Zahara

Celestino Bellone

May 5, 2020, 6:40:12 AM5/5/20
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

It turns out I haven't update the credentials information on build.gradle file. So I can't run it on my machine before. When I run ./gradlew startEmbeddedPgSQL still failed, but I guess I didn't need it anymore.

correct.
Probably the documentation isn't clear enough about this point. If you can find a better way of explaining these steps, please feel free to provide a Pull Request for the documentation. It would be highly appreciated :-)

I'm really sorry to bother you...

don't be

Actually, we have helped other students who chose alf.io in the past by organizing a couple of virtual hands-on sessions. This helped them to get acquainted with the system and made it easier for them to complete their assignment.
I don't know if this apply here, but if it does and if that's something that could be of interest for your team just let me know.

Celestino