Installing Alfio

emin kuyumcu

Feb 26, 2018, 6:25:45 AM2/26/18
to alfio

Hi,

I'm very interested in Alf.io but i don't know how to install it. because the instruction given by you guys is confusing. Is it possible to install it trough ftp instead on a server.
And sorry for my english.

Grtz,

Emin

emin kuyumcu

Feb 26, 2018, 6:29:30 AM2/26/18
to alfio
Sorry if it has already been answerd. I could not find the solution.

obit...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2020, 7:11:09 PM7/11/20
to alfio
I have the same problems... please some one can tell us how install Alf.io on pc?
I am using two server: 1) with windows 10 pro 2) with Ubuntu
For me using the first or the second is the same, but I have no ideas how start with this project

Celestino Bellone

Jul 14, 2020, 2:39:27 AM7/14/20
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

We don't have an official guide on how to install/configure alf.io on your own server, because in our opinion having a private server visible on the internet could be too risky for newbies, so we don't endorse that on the project website.

That being said, there's this guide from a community member, Felix, that can help: https://gist.github.com/flexwie/a8572e8e7ef06ae844925ec857fa3b5b

Please note that the guide refers to an old version of alf.io. For example, you'd need to install Java 11 (instead of 8) in order to run the latest versions

Celestino