Sports injury forecast in a blood test…

1 view

sraj

Jun 23, 2021, 3:32:44 AM6/23/21
to AlexTech Mail List

https://cosmosmagazine.com/science/biology/sports-injury-forecast-in-a-blood-test-coming-soon-to-a-footy-team-near-you-2/

This greatly interested McKeown at PAFC. “One of the biggest questions we’ve got is around bone stress,” he says. “For example, by the time you have a player with a foot that’s sore to touch, it’s too late – you have maladapted bones and you have to take weeks off. Once these things are happening, they creep up on you like a silent killer. So the question was, is there something in our blood or in our markers that is an early warning system that we can look out for?”

Hutchinson had received funding from the Australian Defence Science Technology Group, which was interested in how to ensure military personnel perform at the highest levels possible.

“Much of the work in this area has been done on university students, not elite physical people at the edge of their physical abilities,” he says......