Neck strap muscle (anatomy): Sam Webster

sraj

Apr 20, 2024, 3:46:00 AMApr 20
to AlexTech Mail List

… If you can move the hyoid bone you can move the larynx 0:04/13:40 ….When we talk about hyoid bone we are talking about swallowing, and we may be thinking about speech… 13:14/13:40

Neck strap muscle (anatomy): Sam Webster

Larynx: The area of the throat containing the vocal cords and used for breathing, swallowing, and talking. Also called voice box….National Cancer Institute.

… Unlike other bones, the hyoid is… the only bone in the human body that is not connected to any other bone nearby. The hyoid is anchored by muscles from the anterior, posterior and inferior directions, and aids in tongue movement and swallowing………

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Hyoid bone