RHR: Focus on Your Feet to Live Pain Free and Be a Better Athlete, with Graham Tuttle

1 view

sraj

Nov 26, 2022, 11:27:26 PM11/26/22
to AlexTech Mail List
https://chriskresser.com/focus-on-your-feet-to-live-pain-free-and-be-a-better-athlete-with-graham-tuttle/
We know that our feet have the capacity to do this stuff, but we also know that humans are designed to create technology that makes our lives easier. [The problem arises] when we forget that we have the capacity and we only rely on the technology. You’ve probably seen this [in] people [who] over supplement and then [focus only on] what pills [they] should take [instead of eating] real food. [There’s no discussion around] water, sunlight, and sleep. Those are the base nutrients our body needs, and people want to just supplement [instead]. They just want to go to the technology. They want to get the greens mix. [Technology] can be good, but ultimately, we are animals that evolved in an environment, and when we lose that environment, we lose the function.

Keith Bacon

Nov 27, 2022, 3:14:05 AM11/27/22
to AlexTech Mail List
Hi Selvaraj,
This to be is an example of how social media is full of people selling wellness ideas and products, an area where fashionable ideas are bandied about mixed up with ideas from science in a way that makes people seem quite authoritive.
This one mentions fascia which seems getting ever more common.
This reminds me of when I first got interested in the AT and then started looking at other mind/body techniques. I started looking for science based information that would help me find what would be the best thing to do. I was quite disappointed to find this mix of claims that used scientific terms but weren't validated by actual studies. Also the techniques had 'cultural truths' around them which most people didn't question.
So do we fail to focus on our feet enough?
I have long thought that anything that increases interoceptive awareness is good for us somatically and putting focus on parts of the body inside and out helps with that.
I'm.learning from.my daughter that ideas from the.mind/body techniques that have some validation by science are being taught in some massage courses. I've seen how this has happened sports medicine too.
It's interesting times. The fog of marketing on the Internet may help.people aware of modern ideas but won't help.people find what is best for them

Hope you are well,
Keith.
PS. It still amazes me how little interest people take in mind/body science. There is so.much of it now. I think it helped me quite a lot. What we do is beyond fringe science but still has elements with a sound scientific basis.