Angina

sraj

Jun 10, 2024, 7:01:50 AMJun 10
to AlexTech Mail List
Hello List,
I am presently doing a literature survey of anything to do with F.M. Alexander. (Lot of literature is available)

In this process I came across a quote:

"F.M. often achieved dramatic results with pupils suffering from angina: in chapter 3 of The use of the Self, he describes the case of a doctor (probably Andrew Murdoch) who had been obliged to give up both his practice and golf because of the illness, but was able to resume both after lessons with F.M."

A week back I would not have made this post, despite the regular advice I have received on this list, to get myself adjusted! Alexander Teachers undergo training for 3 years, do they all imbibe the requisite skills?
Regards,
Selvaraj

sraj

Jul 5, 2024, 4:53:25 PM (12 days ago) Jul 5
to AlexTech Mail List
Hi List,

Here is something more from the same reference; page 122:

During 1922, however, F.M. experienced a shock, with publication in New York of a book entitled Invisible exercise by Gerald Stanley Lee. Lee (1862-1944) was an American Congregational minister and writer of  popular works who had taken lessons with F.M. in London in 1919 and 1920. In his next book, The Ghost in the White House (1920), he hailed F.M. as a genius and benefactor of humanity, even suggesting that the entire population of USA should study his method. In Invisible Exercise however, Lee described procedures which were clearly F.M.'s without mentioning F.M. at all, claiming that they had come to him in a religious vision. ...
Regards,
Selvaraj