Symmetry of the Human Body

sraj

Jan 18, 2024, 1:32:07 AMJan 18
to AlexTech Mail List

Hello List,

We have an interesting subject here which we can explore. The subject is, is the human body symmetrical? If it is truly symmetrical should we attempt to use the body in a symmetrical way; for instance, if we write using the right hand (most of us do) should we also attempt to use the left hand, which will make us ambidextrous? In a game like football, should we attempt to become equally proficient in kicking with the right and left legs?

 Let’s get the first question out of the way. Is the human body symmetrical? Instead of asking an expert to clear our doubt, let us find out for ourselves. The obvious thing to do is to stand in front of a full body mirror without our clothes, and examine ourselves. What do you think?

 If you scan the internet you will discover that there is much interest in this subject. Many smart humans appear to have been ambidextrous, or are ambidextrous: Leonardo da Vinci, Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Tom Cruise, Cary Grant, Christiano Ronaldo, Clark Gabel, Pablo Picasso, Saina Nehwal, Maradona, Messi, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Julia Roberts, Rod Laver, Helen Keller, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Sandy Koufax, Julianne Moore, Angelina Jolie, Benjamin Netanyahu, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Queen Victoria, Sachin Tendulkar, Mahatma Gandhi, Isaac Newton …

(Proper study of this subject is required so that we can protect the health of children in the 0 – 12 age group)

Regards,

Selvaraj

sraj

Jun 23, 2024, 6:30:24 AMJun 23
to AlexTech Mail List
Hello List,
I have a reference before me (Page 23) which states that F. M. was left handed:

" It is perhaps significant that he was left-handed for most physical activities, such as playing cricket,
but taught himself to write with his right hand." *

There a foot note which states:
* In his book Man's Supreme Inheritance (Part One Chapter VII) F.M. vehemently criticises the practice of
encouraging the naturally left-handed to write with their right hand.
Regards,
Selvaraj